Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Holiday Inn and Diapers

Hyperlitegreen

Default Hotel Holiday Inn and Diapers

So, I was staying in San Antonio, TX at a Holiday Inn for a couple of days. Well, I remember waking up in the middle of the night to change my diaper from being so wet, and boy I was still groggy because I took ambien the sleeping med to help me sleep. Well, that morning I had to rush to a meeting at the Medical Center City area since I was a pharm sales rep at the time and I didn't really fix my bed or my luggage stuff. I remembered I had a couple of diapers thrown on the bed since I randomly grabbed one and diapered myself standing up before i put my slacks on. So, later that day when I came back to my hotel room, room service totally cleaned up the bed and threw out all the trash in the room. I mean, the wet diaper in the trash bin was gone, and the diapers on the bed was now neatly stacked on the night stand and my lugguage was set neatly near the sofa. The cleaning lady was probably thinking WTF?!?!?!

Or maybe she was thinking "Poor guy, incontinence must be such a burden."

Hyperlitegreen

For real!

PaddedPuppy

I usually leave my diapers out while staying in hotels. Not in plain view but during cleaning a cleaner will discover them. Never had any problems. As for wet diapers in the bin, Don't ever let the bin fill up with diapers. You should bag them in manageable amounts (For an average plastic bag from a supermarket about 3 diapers per bag at most) and if its ever a messy one take it out yourself to a public bin. Not very pleasant for a cleaner to be handling.

In hotels that allow it, I leave a small tip for the cleaners that had to do the extra work because of my diapers. Thats not really necessary and I am not asking you to do it, but it feels right for me.

Hyperlitegreen

Thanks for the tip!!! Has the cleaning people mentioned about your diapers?

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperlitegreen View Post
    Thanks for the tip!!! Has the cleaning people mentioned about your diapers?
    No. I have never been confronted about my diapers. If they were to say anything bad or insulting it could cost them their job. They have to be sensitive about things like this, and they have probably seen it all before anyway. I have passed the cleaning staff in hotels plenty of times coming in or out of my room. The most that is ever said is "Good morning" and maybe mention of the weather once or twice.

As an IC who has to do quite a lot of travel (business related) I've had my share of Hotel experiences...

So far? NO PROBLEM.
    I'm really discrete about it though... I individually plastic-bag each thrown away diaper / pad... I bring my own bed-sheet (small one, waterproof). and I DO NOT LET DIAPERS LYING AROUND.
    and I tip nicely.

never had a single issue.

Leaving diapers out in the open (on the bed, table, etc.) USED OR NOT USED: WHY? What do you get out of this? the "satisfaction" from someone else finding out you wear diaper but not able to tell anyone (loss of job...)?? Or what is it? Where's the deal here?

as mentioned, I'm IC (daytime, nighttime) - but I pack my diapers (fresh) in my bags , and they stay there when I'm out of the room (even when I'm in the room.

again: throw away: bag them in plastic bags (non-see through) and no one will be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Leaving diapers out in the open (on the bed, table, etc.) USED OR NOT USED: WHY? What do you get out of this? the "satisfaction" from someone else finding out you wear diaper but not able to tell anyone (loss of job...)?? Or what is it? Where's the deal here?
    I think the OP pretty much stated here that he woke up groggy and was in a rush: he didn't think 'haha, I'll leave diapers here!', it 'just happened'. However personally I would maybe leave dry diapers out just because it makes my life easier... After a busy day I don't want to have to drag out my suitcase and rifle through it to find my crinkles. It's less a case of 'why' and more a case of 'why not', to me: I'm not choosing to leave my diapers out, I'm just choosing NOT to put myself to extra trouble to hide them.
    Last edited by CharliePup; 04-Apr-2013 at 22:54.

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    I travel light. I only bring one or 2 in my bag, then buy a pack once I arrive wherever I am going, and don't have the bag space to put them away. I put the pack of diapers back in the carrier bag they were bought in, and put them under the table/desk out of direct sight but would probably be noticed by a cleaner if they are reaching down to empty the bin or cleaning the floor. Its got nothing to do with satisfaction, making someone feel uncomfortable or anything like that. And once used I will bag them up usually no more than 2 in a bag so they can be managed easier by the cleaner to dispose of.

EDIT: Plus I agree with what CharliePup just posted while I was typing my personal response.

Hotel folks are great! I forgot to pack my plastic mattress cover once and sheepeshly called the front desk to ask if I could get one (I still had my plastic underpants but I always have back up in case of any leakage). To my surprise they not only brought one up (I figured I would go get it myself from them) but she told me to give them a few minutes to put it over the mattress. There were two double beds in the room and she asked me which bed I would be using and I nervously pointed out the bed and she even thanked me for calling them. Both her and her co-worked actually seemed pleased about my call. I can only conclude some folks just have accidents at night and they have to clean mattresses also besides the sheets which is alot more work.