Thread: Soaked My Paci in Boiling Hot Water

Default Soaked My Paci in Boiling Hot Water

I took it straight out and straight into my mouth, It was so warm, And made me so, so sleepy. I really have got to do this more often!! If you haven't done already do it!!!

I'm also a fan of hot water bottles for bedtime. Something everyone should try

How was the color on your paci after you boiled it? I've heard that can change the color doing that which is why I haven't done it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKid25 View Post
    How was the color on your paci after you boiled it? I've heard that can change the color doing that which is why I haven't done it.
    Haven't heard of that...

Boiling a paci is how you normally sterilize them...at least that's what I thought and have done for years...

B

I know, but I've only had one from pacifiers r us and they seemed to be overly cautious about the care of it. It said boiling was the way to sterilize it, but it MIGHT cause a harmless color change on the paci. The alternative is to wash it after every use with a mild detergent and warm water.

I was just curious!

I remember one time, I think i'd just washed my paci and stuck it in my pants waistband (am I the only one who does that? Lol) and when I put it in my mouth some time later it was warm. I loved it.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember one time, I think i'd just washed my paci and stuck it in my pants waistband (am I the only one who does that? Lol) and when I put it in my mouth some time later it was warm. I loved it.

Dummies that have the clear teats don't tend to discolour. It's the older style teats (latex ones?) that may discolour when boiled. They can sometimes end up a bit cloudy looking is all.

Seems to be the same color as it was before And the way they do sterolize them is with boiling water, But not in the water, They use the steam to do it, As steam is the best way to clean pretty much anything

Ah, I see. Well thank you guys for the clarification!