Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A guy just died

Default A guy just died

Found this out through a friends post on Facebook, the man behind Eds voice on Ed, Edd and Eddy, Matt Hill, has passed away. While I have no connection really to this character, when Charles Marinet (the voice of Mario) or Kevin Bacon (the voice of Balto) dies, that will be a different story.

Well, people die everyday, like wait for it, NOW!

There's nothing really saying that he died. I'm not finding anything about it.

Considering that this has not bee reflected on IMDB, Wikipedia, or any news I could easily locate, I'd say a citation is in order.

death is omnipresent.
    the grim reaper is about the only constant besides change in universe.

You can run, you can hide - but it's all no use... in the end, there's death for all of us.
    for you, for myself, for those we love, for those we hate, for those we know and for all the rest of them.

The things this: if it's someone you love, if it's someone you really knew, it's going to hurt - I've lost more than I'd care for, friends, family, dogs... - to me those people (family & friends) are everything? to you? they're nothing.
    I don't grieve when someone dies whom I didn't know. I don't really care - otherwise I'd be either pretentious or would probably be suicidal - as every second someone passes - and that someone was a mothers child, a fathers son or daughter, maybe someones brother or sister, lover, friend... tragic as death can be - there would be no live, no space no existence, no evolution without death.
    Our life may be our own, but we are all made to die.

Here's a little poem from the Edda - the Havamal - that I've always cherished:

Deyr fe, deyia frondr,
    deyr sialfr it sama;
    ec veit einn
    at aldri deŭr:
    domr vm daŝan hvern.

Cattle die, | and kinsmen die,
    And so one dies one's self;
    One thing now | that never dies,
    The fame of a dead man's deeds

I came to this thread thinking it was going to be about Roger Ebert who died today. Who, while I disagree with on his opinions about video games.. seemed like an intelligent man who's voice and opinions were heard by many. It's a shame, death is so sad.. just itself. The loss of a whole person.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I came to this thread thinking it was going to be about Roger Ebert who died today. Who, while I disagree with on his opinions about video games.. seemed like an intelligent man who's voice and opinions were heard by many. It's a shame, death is so sad.. just itself. The loss of a whole person.
    Yeah hes getting up there. Only time now wiill tell.

Roger Ebert was the first serious movie reviewer to receive the Pulitzer Prize for his journalism. I think that's an amazing accomplishment. It looks like the last years of his life was one of suffering. Sometimes death is welcomed when someone is in unbearable pain.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Agreed, I wanted to see somebody mention Mr. Eberts death, he's essentially one of my inspirations to make me write reviews on pop culture things like Anime, Manga, MLP and the such and give a proper "negative" take on it like the way he did.

Sad to see a man of his caliber go, although I did see it coming considering his decline in health soon.