Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of low-end diapers do you use?

Default What type of low-end diapers do you use?

As a DL, I love staying in my diaper until it's soaked. Especially when you're paying $1.65 per Dry 24/7, it's hard for my frugal side to just wear one for a little while, and then get out of it and go do something.

It really does lead to me wearing less (and also binging on my days off)- but there are plenty of times I have a few hours before/after work, and just want to put one on for a bit.

So, I bought the Attends Waistband briefs for about $0.76 per diaper- to use for the 'power-hours'. They still survive some of the time... but I don't feel as bad as I would wasting a premium M3, or 24/7.

Anyway, is there anything even cheaper than Attends- while still managing to be comfortable and able to hold a couple wettings? What type of low-end diapers do you all prefer?

Bambino just started offering TotalDry Plus briefs for 70 cents a diaper. It looks like they'll be decently absorbent, but not as absorbent as Dry 24/7s or M3/M4s. I'm thinking of getting a sample just to see how they are.

I used to use Lille/Kendalls; really cheap and quite absorbent but they seep through the backing and plastic pants are essential with them. If I wasn't getting pads supplied on the NHS I'd probably still be using them.

I wear mine 24/7 so I use 3 different diapers a day. I use a cloth AIO in the morning and a Dry24/7 overnight. I use a Attends Waistband for evening
    which works well. That diaper still costs me a dollar a day. I don't buy any diapers from local retail outlets.

I went all custom on my diapers and one $5 googly ball (balloon) for wetting in gets me through the weekend, I consider that pretty inexpensive.

Depends Fitted Maximum Protection (now Depends Protection with Tabs when one can find them) have long been my go to cheap diaper and I haven't really found an alternative I prefer. I gave Attends another try recently and while they're fairly equivalent to Depends in most respects, their tendency to clump is pretty unappealing to me. Total Dry Plus might fit in that realm if they're as good as Secure Plus were before. For now, I'm still working through the backlog of Depends I got at rock bottom prices when Walgreens dropped them. At $4 a bag, they're pretty much guilt free no matter how little use I get out of them.

I think of Tranquility ATNs, Wellnes, Molicare and Eurobriefs as my "low end" diapers compared to the Abena M-4s and Dry 24/7s however due to Abena's recent quality downgrades and 24/7s pinhole leaks I think all adult diapers are shit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    I think of Tranquility ATNs, Wellnes, Molicare and Eurobriefs as my "low end" diapers compared to the Abena M-4s and Dry 24/7s however due to Abena's recent quality downgrades and 24/7s pinhole leaks I think all adult diapers are shit now.
    Damn, high standards.

Well I ended up ordering a sample of the TotalDry Plus diapers from bambino to see how they are. I'll post a review soon.

Hyperlitegreen

i hate depends

Quote Originally Posted by nothingusual View Post
    Damn, high standards.
    It's good to be older and financially secure sometimes.