Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pets and diapers

Default Pets and diapers

My dog seems to have some kind of twisted sense of humor.

For the second time, he has waltzed into my room while I'm at home by myself only to discover I'm about 3/4 of the way into getting a diaper taped up. The first time this happened, I nearly had a heart attack after he managed to nose open my bedroom door. As I was lying down at the time, I didn't realize it was him instead of something more...human.

This time, he simply jumped up onto my bed and sort of watched as I nervously stuck down the final tape. The whole time I was blushing like a tomato.

Am I nuts for being embarrassed when it comes to being seen padded by my own dog?! Me and him are best buds, and I know a dog could care less what I happen to be wearing, but I still can't shake the feeling that he realizes what I have on.

I've always felt this way, as if I don't want my dog to be disappointed in me....sigh. Worse, in the morning after I walk the dog, and if I'm in a wet diaper, she likes to put her nose against my diaper area and sniff. Bad dog....bad dog!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I've always felt this way, as if I don't want my dog to be disappointed in me....sigh. Worse, in the morning after I walk the dog, and if I'm in a wet diaper, she likes to put her nose against my diaper area and sniff. Bad dog....bad dog!!!
    If my dog did that I'd instantly keel over dead from sheer embarrassment. Perhaps the whole baby powder thing was not the greatest of ideas while there's a keen sniffer about...

What I don't understand is he *should* be completely used to diapers by now. My family's house is an unofficial gathering spot for my gigantic extended family, and Rusty is around plenty of diapers then (eg Easter Sunday).

For some reason, he only seems to take interest when his owner is the one padded!

Maybe because adult diapers smell different? Or maybe because your usual body scent is different from when there is baby powder and urine mixed with it?

Re dogs sniffing your "diaper area"...ALL dogs do that anyway. Regardless of what you're wearing. First thing they do...stick their nose in your "business". It's one of the reasons I'm not overly fond of dogs.

And then consider that a dog's sense of smell is 10,000 times that of a human. I know the last thing I want to smell is a wet diaper times 10,000.

And then consider that a dog's sense of smell is 10,000 times that of a human. I know the last thing I want to smell is a wet diaper times 10,000.
    Considering the things dogs often like to smell, maybe we're missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Considering the things dogs often like to smell, maybe we're missing something.
    Haha...yes, the whole world of smells. As you know, our memory is closely attached to smells. One of the fondest memories I have is as a college student, home for the summer, walking down our street to my best friend's house. The street was lined with Mimosa trees, and the blooms smelled like peaches. In addition to that, there was some kind of tree that smelled like pepper, and on those hot summer days, the smell was hypnotic, creating an almost mystical wonderland.

I know the last thing I want to smell is a wet diaper times 10,000.
    I think the last thing I want to smell is another type of diaper times 10,000...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    If my dog did that I'd instantly keel over dead from sheer embarrassment. Perhaps the whole baby powder thing was not the greatest of ideas while there's a keen sniffer about...

What I don't understand is he *should* be completely used to diapers by now. My family's house is an unofficial gathering spot for my gigantic extended family, and Rusty is around plenty of diapers then (eg Easter Sunday).

For some reason, he only seems to take interest when his owner is the one padded!
    I don't think that it's the diaper so much as your emotional condition that he's picking up on...while you're wearing. Add to that, dogs probably know the difference between a kid with diapers on, to an adult...an adult wearing their own urine (odor) probably means either you have an ailment...or you're showing extreme submission/fear.

Dogs may understand embarrassment too...

He's probably trying to figure out what's getting at you...that keeps getting past him?
    -Marka