Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Encountering another person who's wearing

Default Encountering another person who's wearing

I'm aware of the site's discouragement of 'diaper sightings' posts; this is not really one of those anyway but I'm wondering about when you know, or reasonably suspect you're in the company of a fellow DL. I get a lot of enjoyment from wearing in public and secretly I wish people might see me and think I might be wearing, obviously without me doing anything to impose it on them.
    But as I go out padded I get a degree of excitement that anyone else around me could also be doing the same thing, and while I wouldn't want to blow anyone's cover, if I did run into someone some day who was, I believe it would take a lot of self-control to avoid running up to them, yelling "All RIGHT!" and high-fiving them but at the same time I'd be sad to let the whole thing go by unacknowledged. It's all just hypothetical at this point for me, but has anyone been in a situation like this?

I have seen one AB while out and about. I specify AB due to how he was dressed above and beyond the not very discreet thickness of his diapers. The problem for this is that I'm not into sharing this with the world. Anyone who is that obvious has pretty much disqualified themselves as being suitable for contact by me even if I were so inclined. Anyone who isn't dressed to the nines in a similar fashion would much more likely be incontinent rather than one of us, so the opportunities for diapers being the real tell for me are exceedingly low. It would take a more extended association to consider broaching the topic.

I understand the impulse, but I think it's hard to beat speaking with a potential contact first and determining as best possible whether there is a reason to meet more than just diapers.
    Last edited by Trevor; 01-Apr-2013 at 23:01. Reason: corrections.

In my entire life, I've only seen one other person who was more than likely *bdl. However, much like Trevor, seeing it didn't exactly make me want to be friendly with her. I don't care for exhibitionism in any form, and this girl was clearly not trying to be discreet. The rest of the world already has a skewed view of *bdl, having people roam about recklessly flaunting their diapers is NOT going to help.

Going out in a diaper is fine, and I realize it's stupid to tell people what they should or should not do with their own diapers. Just....please, use common sense and be careful.

The real question is: What do you expect from this person exacly?

In any case, a random diapered persone on the street would be on the defensive if contacted about it. It would probably turn out weird for both.

Countdown

I've never seen someone visibly dressed as an AB/DL, but I've seen an ADISC member in public before. I did not approach him.

I have never seen anyone how did not use for medical reasons (autistic , physically)

Default Re: Encountering another person who's wearing

People looking for some public highs are annoying in my book too. Its as annoying as gangster wannabes with their pants around their knees.

Public parading around in obvious AB paraphernalia is embarrassing to me and others like us. Then would it be any different from a gay guy doing the stereotypical gay guy things? If people fight for rights to be openly gay and be tolerated, I guess it kind of gives some kind of green light in the eyes of some ABs. Looking at it at other points of views make it controversial in some ways.

Even though I'd like to meet a fellow AB some day, I don't think I could come up with enough courage to meet another or participate with others. Even though it would probably be fun, but, thinking about it makes it seem a little weird to participate with others even though I really want to. Anyone else feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    [snipped] Even though I'd like to meet a fellow AB some day, I don't think I could come up with enough courage to meet another or participate with others. Even though it would probably be fun, but, thinking about it makes it seem a little weird to participate with others even though I really want to. Anyone else feel this way?
    In my experience, it starts to feel natural enough when shared with people you care about who also enjoy it. It takes some acclimation, certainly. There might well be a post I made some time ago where I said much the same as you. I think I'm in a better place with it now. I don't want to push on anyone who isn't comfortable with it, but being able to do so in the right circumstances is a good thing.

Default Re: Encountering another person who's wearing

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    In my experience, it starts to feel natural enough when shared with people you care about who also enjoy it. It takes some acclimation, certainly. There might well be a post I made some time ago where I said much the same as you. I think I'm in a better place with it now. I don't want to push on anyone who isn't comfortable with it, but being able to do so in the right circumstances is a good thing.
    I would like to meet and hangout with people like me and I just wouldn't know what to do in the situation. It would seem like a quiet what do we do next. Of course doing normal things diapered or not? I guess it just has to happen to experience it.

I wonder what it was like for some people. I am more of a shy person as it is and doing something along these lines would probably bring a lot more intensity in the being shy factor. I had a couple opportunities to do so but I just shut it down for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I would like to meet and hangout with people like me and I just wouldn't know what to do in the situation. It would seem like a quiet what do we do next. Of course doing normal things diapered or not? I guess it just has to happen to experience it.

I wonder what it was like for some people. I am more of a shy person as it is and doing something along these lines would probably bring a lot more intensity in the being shy factor. I had a couple opportunities to do so but I just shut it down for that reason.
    For me, it was just like meeting anyone else for the first time, except that the ABDL thing is known. That doesn't mean it's a big deal but it's different just being with someone who knows whether or not it even comes up. Every situation is different and can also change over time.

I was meeting with other ABDLs for years before it felt right for me to partake. It could have been shyness but I also think I just had to learn to see this in another way. I needed to see how it could work in a social sense and not just something I did only by myself. This is not to say that I think of shared ABDL activities as the be all end all point of meeting. The benefits of socializing and friendship should be readily apparent. This is an added dimension, one that I think is worth exploring under the right circumstances.