Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scared to wet your diaper

Default scared to wet your diaper

this is my third diaper ever and im still terrfied to wet it.Im scared the diaper wont hold it and ill leak all over.im always home alone when i diaper.im also not sure about when to change after wetting.ive been using abena abrforms m2 and m4 which i understand can hold 2 or 3 wettings.should i wet 2 or 3 times and then change or change after i wet once?

Just like a lot of other things learning to use a diaper takes time and practice. In general anyone who has successfully gone through potty training is very well conditioned against peeing their pants or wetting their bed. Even though your conscious mind knows that there is a diaper that will protect your clothing the unconscious impulses against wetting yourself will overpower the conscious portion.

Even if you decided you wanted to wet it is likely that you would experience a great deal of difficulty actually wetting your diaper because it feels so strange/different.

You're using some pretty decent quality diapers, however I've had leaks with some top-end diapers so if I plan on wetting a lot I generally wear a pair of plastic pants over the diaper. You should be able to trust your diapers for at least 1 wetting, normally 2, and more wetting's are going to depend on the diaper and what position you're in.

The easiest way to start wetting would probably be to get diapered and sit down on the potty. If you're in the bathroom you're going to find it's easier for you to release and wet the diaper and after you wet a few times then you can start trying to wet in different places and different positions. Wetting while lying down is a challenge I still have though I haven't been able to work on it much lately since my stash is running low and my interest isn't that high right now.

Ultimately you should change when you begin to feel uncomfortable in the diaper. This might mean that the diaper is swelling and you know it can't hold another wetting, or it's leaking a little, or you just don't want to be wet anymore. The feeling of a fresh diaper after getting out of the shower or just changing from a wet one using some wipes and powder is often a more enjoyable sensation than staying wet.

Hope I could help

As kwisy said, it takes practice to know how much you should pee your diaper. Do it in the bathroom if you're scared to overflow the diaper, if it overflows it shouldn't be much of a problem to clean it up and you will know for sure how much pee does your diaper can take.

i thought plastic pants were just for cloth diapers
    They can be used for disposable diapers too

Try putting a little bit of warm water down the front of your diaper. This may help you relax and start peeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrayx View Post
    As kwisy said, it takes practice to know how much you should pee your diaper. Do it in the bathroom if you're scared to overflow the diaper, if it overflows it shouldn't be much of a problem to clean it up and you will know for sure how much pee does your diaper can take.

They can be used for disposable diapers too
    I agree with everything that was posted right here.

Like everybody has said it takes practice. I just got up and I'm in a wet Dry24/7 with plastic pants on. I'll pee in it one more time before
    I take it off. I'll then stay bare bottom till I'm done with my shower. Then I'll put on a dry Dependeco Cloth AIO for the daytime.
    I do wear 24/7and been doing that for year now.

Hiya.

There was a time when i too was scared of wetting my diaper due to being scared of it leaking. I now wear nearly all the time. I dont feel right when im not wearing one. I think its most likely due to getting so used to them thats its normal for me now, now like wearing a normal pair of undewear lol. You will get used to it with time.

I had this problem not too long ago. Despite being alone with a house to myself for a week and some really good diapers (bambinos) I couldnt't go for the life of me...

The solution? Although it sounds kind of risky and dangerous...drink a TON of water.

No matter how conditioned your body is to not go anywhere besides the toilet, if you drink enough, and hold it for long enough, you will eventually wet. The only downside to this plan is it's really only possible with a really good diaper, and even then you need to be very, very careful about leaks. Abena m4's are a solid diaper as far as I know, but if you go with the 'chug infinite amounts of water' idea, I'd still advise caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    No matter how conditioned your body is to not go anywhere besides the toilet, if you drink enough, and hold it for long enough, you will eventually wet.
    I must say, that this has never happened to me. The pain in the bladder was at some point so bad that I decided on my own to just go. I have not yet experienced accidental wetting due to an overfull bladder.

Also, I am not sure how safe this is. I have read somewhere (and this could be an urban legend, I don't know) that some people's urethra is next to the bladder in a way that the bladder presses on the urethra when it gets too full. When that happens you cannot void your bladder anymore as the rising pressure in the bladder basically seals the urethra. The only way out of this situation is then to go see a doctor who will insert a catheter to empty your bladder. Once again, I don't know whether this is true, but always a scary thought in the back of my head.