Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hi there,

I've visited ADISC a couple of times in the past (never as a member), but thought it might be interesting to join the community and see what's what.

About me ... hrm ... (I hate talking about myself - can you tell?) I just graduated college with a degree in Psychology, and am trying to survive in the wonderful United States economy. At one point in the recent past, I wanted to become an LPCC (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor), but I'm having serious self-doubts about the career "fit", and am in a process of re-evaluating what I really want to do.

I suppose one reason I'm here is that I've had a number of medical issues effecting bladder control, and am considering wearing diapers 24/7 (especially due to the fact that current medical technology is able to find nothing wrong. Grr)

In terms of non-diaper interests: SO MANY! Reading and writing (from as many genres as possible); meditation, Reiki, and other CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine); cross country running, hiking, and in general enjoying nature as often as possible; woodburning; literature and media (film, tv) analysis, from a feminist perspective.
    I feel like I'm rambling, so I'll stop now...

(And my apologies in advance if this sounds like a cheesy dating site introduction; I've always been terrible writing intro's!)

- Robin (a pseudonym, of course; alpha-numeric screen names aren't probably easy to remember. )

Welcome to the forums! ^_^

Wood burning is something I've always wanted to try but don't have any equipment to do so plus I'm a bit nervous to get burned xD

It definitely takes patience and a steady hand; I've learned never to work on it while my blood sugar's low!

I found a nice starter kit at a local Wal-Mart for under 20.00 USD. I'm sure many hardware stores have them, too. For me, I started small - letters or words - and made sure to trace what I was going to do with a pencil before hand. It definitely helps with avoiding mistakes or running out of space.

I'm not sure about all woodburning accessories, but mine has a handle that's intended to be heat resistant. I don't think I've ever burned myself ... smoke going into my eyes, well that's another story!