Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way to tape up a diaper?

Default What's the best way to tape up a diaper?

Did a search and didn't find anything so here goes.
    As you may have read in a previous thread, I got my first diapers the other day and will be able to use them next weekend. My question is: What's the best way to tape up a diaper? What order to tape them in, what angle ect. I have 2 Fabines witch have 2 tapes per side and 2 Cushies which only have 1 tape per side. Sorry if this is a stupid question. I just don't want to waste one by doing it wrong.

Well, I haven't used any yet...but I think the best way would just to be tape them straight across horizontally.

PaddedPuppy

The first times you do it, lay down on a reasonably hard surface. It is the easiest way to get a good fit. When you lay on it, pull the front up. It should be so that the front is a tiny bit lower than the back. Then do the bottom 2 tapes so they are pointing across toward each other, angled slightly up. Then stand up and pull the diaper up if it is loose. Then do the top tapes, again pointing across, but angled slightly down so all the tapes point to the center.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/1...lt-diaper.html

I would agree with padded puppy.

I tend to lie down and put mine on that way.

I found that when i did it standing up they would either be too loose and would become unstuck and the tapes wouldn't stay stuck down.

I personally think the ones with four tapes are the best as they allow for it to be taped top and bottom. Whereas with the two tape ones they have to be done centrally and are therefore more likely to become non-sticky the quickest.

I also think that the front and back of the diaper should actually be level as it allows for the tapes to stay sticky for longer. it also helps it to fit better.
    Last edited by tennismad; 30-Mar-2013 at 22:00. Reason: typing errors

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by tennismad View Post
    Iwould agree with padded puppy.

I tend to lie down and put mine on that way.

I found that when i did it standing up they would either be too loose or they would become unstuck and the tabs wouldn't stay stuck down.

I personally think the ones with four tabs are the best as they allow for it to be taped up top and bottom. Whereas with the two tape ones they have to be done centrally and therfore more likely to become non-sticky the quickest.

I also think that the front and back of the diaper should actually be level as it allows for the tapes to stay sticky for longer. it also helps it to fit better.
    You'll be able to do it standing up with some practice. The first times you try doing it stood up try doing it leaning against a wall. As for your thoughts on the 2 taped ones, they do stick fairly well as long as you don't fasten it too tight. You do have to remember that the 2 taped diapers are mainly AB things made with looks and appearance in mind, over practicality.

If you think that having the front and back level works better for you, keep doing that. It varies person to person, and diaper to diaper as they will all fit differently. Just in my experience it works best for me.

It's fine. I just thought i'd share my experiences, Maybe it will help others and for me thats a good enough reason for me to put it down padded puppy. I also understand that yes everyone does do everything differantly. But if we dont share our experiences, Then people with simalar issues or questions cant get the help or advice they need or want and for me thats not good enough. You should alwas try to help if you can.
    Last edited by tennismad; 30-Mar-2013 at 22:09. Reason: spelling errors

I have to say that you should put on a diaper while laying down as often as possible, you will get better accuracy putting the diaper on right.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I have to say that you should put on a diaper while laying down as often as possible, you will get better accuracy putting the diaper on right.
    I find standing to work just fine as long as there's something to lean back against. I prefer lying down for changes, but standing produces equivalent results for me.

Thanks guys for all the help. I think I'll do okay.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    The first times you do it, lay down on a reasonably hard surface. It is the easiest way to get a good fit. When you lay on it, pull the front up. It should be so that the front is a tiny bit lower than the back. Then do the bottom 2 tapes so they are pointing across toward each other, angled slightly up. Then stand up and pull the diaper up if it is loose. Then do the top tapes, again pointing across, but angled slightly down so all the tapes point to the center.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/1...lt-diaper.html
    I completely agree with this, it's how I put on all of my diapers and I have gotten quite good at it now I can get a easy comfortable fit most of the time.