Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flying Spaghetti Monster

Lightbulb Flying Spaghetti Monster

So, today on Facebook, I've publicly converted to Pastafarianism.

This was in response to a large religious argument in which I realized that there is a large amount of religious intolerance in the world.

Because of which, I still keep my personal beliefs and am, in fact, a theist. But for all public intents and purposes, I have become a follower of the flying spaghetti monster, who's goal it is to mock religious fanatics and point out the flaws in religious intolerance.

I decided that, rather than just get worked up over someone who's getting equally worked up and trying to butt heads while gaining absolutely no ground with the other person, I should just laugh at their attempts to change the viewpoints of someone who's viewpoints are more likely than not dead set.

Now I smile at these arguments rather than become enormously frustrated over them.

I call it a win!

Convert in breadloafarianism. It's supposed to rise in three days.

I'm thinking onthesurfaceism. I admire the things all religions claim to believe in like kindness to our fellow man but not the things they do like killing millions of humans because they beleave in the same things in a slightly differently way.

I would like to refer you to Dudeism. It's good knowing he's out there, the Dude, takin' her easy for all us sinners.

Quote Originally Posted by MLaPlage View Post
    I would like to refer you to Dudeism. It's good knowing he's out there, the Dude, takin' her easy for all us sinners.
    And you can even call him El Duderino if you're not into the whole, y'know, "brevity" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhouse View Post
    And you can even call him El Duderino if you're not into the whole, y'know, "brevity" thing.
    Well, am I wrong?

The best argument for or against organized religion is to lead a life of kindness. You can change the world with kindness and concern for others. Hatred takes many different forms, but it's always the same hate, and it always damages. We see too much of it in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    The best argument for or against organized religion is to lead a life of kindness. You can change the world with kindness and concern for others. Hatred takes many different forms, but it's always the same hate, and it always damages. We see too much of it in the world.
    I am hereby establishing dogboy-ism, as well as irony.

Quote Originally Posted by MLaPlage View Post
    Well, am I wrong?
    The Chinaman is NOT the issue here, Dude! I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line YOU DO NOT - also, Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.