Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have any of you read "There is baby in my bed?"

Default Have any of you read "There is baby in my bed?"

I've been wondering how many have read through this book,
    There's a baby in my bed!: Learning to live happily with the Adult Baby in your relationship.: Rosalie Bent: 9781610983068: Amazon.com: Books

I found a little bit of helpful information, (maybe about 20%) but I was a little disappointed that the it's still using websites like Understanding Infantilism for reference.(although, I had that site was no longer being updated, I just checked back and it does seem like that site is still active.) Also, it didn't mention hardly anything about DL's, But that may be because I'm labeling myself wrong. (that's for a different thread.)

Anyway, I just wanted to hear some or your thoughts, anyone else find this worth the time to read it?

I read it, and honestly was not a huge fan, a lot of the info was portrayed as factual when in reality it was the authors personal experiences and opinions. She attempts to group all of us and out individual quirks into one lump behavior and that's just not accurate. I was going to give it to my fiancée as a way to help her understand me, but after reading it decided it would be more detrimental than helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
    I read it, and honestly was not a huge fan, a lot of the info was portrayed as factual when in reality it was the authors personal experiences and opinions. She attempts to group all of us and out individual quirks into one lump behavior and that's just not accurate. I was going to give it to my fiancée as a way to help her understand me, but after reading it decided it would be more detrimental than helpful.
    I had a similar result, hoping that it would be a resource that I could have my wife read, but also concluded that it would be counter productive.

The first I heard of it was when the author joined here. Her behavior here squelched any possible interest I might have had in reading her work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    The first I heard of it was when the author joined here. Her behavior here squelched any possible interest I might have had in reading her work.
    That's pretty much exactly my position. I wasn't impressed... far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    Also, it didn't mention hardly anything about DL's...?
    As far as I understand, the author was only really interested in writing about strictly non-sexual ABies. I'm not a strictly non-sexual AB, so I doubt I'll be splashing out on it.

It is nice to hear a review here. I am contemplating broaching the subject with my girlfriend but... I really don't have the first clue how to go about it. I want to prepare myself with good resources. It was one of the reasons I joined this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Do you remember when this was? I curious what the author said that caused such a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingusual View Post
    Do you remember when this was? I curious what the author said that caused such a reaction.
    This time last year. You can see for yourself: https://www.adisc.org/forum/members/rosaliebent.html.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingusual View Post
    IMHO trying to write a book about ab/dl when your not qualified by any means, other then possibly having a boyfriend into it. Then expect people to pay 5-20 dollars to read your thoughts on the matter when you are far less experience with it then a wide majority of the ab/dl population.

It's like me writing a book on formula 1 racing when I don't know jack shit about formula 1 racing.