Thread: Molicare v Abema

Default Molicare v Abema

I know that similar threds have been started before but ...

I am new to this community having started with a pad for stress incontinence and graduating to and loving diapers for their relief of stress in other ways. I am sitting in a Drydayz from Cuddlz and, after two wettings, I am waddling around like Daffy Duck with two cubic ft of padding round my crutch.
    I have an opportunity to try 24/2 for a couple of days next week including overnight and am researching Molicare Superplus and Abema M4 from Incontinence Choice. Which offers the best opportuniuty for wearing all day, changing when full, without the obvious bulge of a full diaper showing to the world and which would you recommend for overnight?
    All ideas and views appreciated - the anticipation of 24/2 is building - this is an addiction.

volvic

I like my nappies to look more medical then babyish so molicare supers fit the bill with their blue plastic backing unlike the new cloth backed M4s. (Don't know about the M4s but Incontinence choice only stock the cloth backed L4s) The molicares aren't that crinkly or bulky, I have wore around friends and they havent noticed. Oh and if your buying by the case dorset nursing is 10 cheaper then IC.

Honestly I think both of those are going to be somewhat obvious during the day under clothing as they are both very thick. My personal preference lies with Abena as they are slightly cheaper and I never end up wearing them to full capacity. They also seem to fit my waist size (~31") better than Molicares. Granted is has been a while since I tried molicare.

Quote Originally Posted by Acceptance View Post
    Honestly I think both of those are going to be somewhat obvious during the day under clothing as they are both very thick. My personal preference lies with Abena as they are slightly cheaper and I never end up wearing them to full capacity. They also seem to fit my waist size (~31") better than Molicares. Granted is has been a while since I tried molicare.
    The issue of price is the only reason I consistently buy Abenas. I looove molicares, the colour, the extra padding on the hips, the tapes... but when it's a 6 difference between them and a pack of Abena, I know what I'm buying...

I haven't fully tested Molicaires yet, but Acceptance had a good point. Both are fairly noisy. I'd say molicaire is a bit less so and is a tad bit more absorbent than the Abena M3's (which are my stocked diaper atm). I haven't tried M4's yet, but I hear they're relatively close in size and absorbency to the Dry 24/7's an if that's the case you do NOT want these for discretion. Great diapers, poor subtlety.

The Molicaire Supers are fairly absorbent for their size and discretion, but don't expect them to hold much more than 2 moderately sized wettings.

I say either Abena M3's (which can still be a bit noisy) or the Molicaire Super Plus for what you're looking for, Tantricfollower.

It really depends on your waist size. Molicare mediums run a tad smaller than Abena, a waist size of 28 is too small for an abena medum, but works fine with a molicare. Presumably abena would be better sizing-wise if you're closer to the large end of the medium spectrum.

While in theory molicare doesn't have quite the capacity of abena, they wick extremely well. This makes the effective capacities about even because the molicare will be able to use almost all of the padding (as long as you're not flooding). Abena will tend to stand up to floods better and swells a bit more than molicare.

Thanks for great advice guys
    It looks like it is two packs of Molicares for the long term, and one each of Abema M3s for daytime and M4s for evening with the Molicare for bedtime for the 24/2 coming up.
    I do not think that a crinkle or two will be a problem during the day. The Molicare sound great in blue and I believe is still plastic faced although the Abema may have gone over to fabric? Three days now and counting down to my first overnight and two 24 hours practicing for total relaxation.

Abena*

Just to let you know the thicker diapers aren't all that obvious as you think they are. Of course if you wear revealing clothing they will be obvious, but even then unless some stranger is actually looking at your crotch just to make sure everyone is wearing a diaper or not, you really have nothing to worry about. Sure it is noticeable to you of course, but people have better things to do than trying to seek out people with a diaper on. Wear loose clothing and go out and have fun.