Thread: pet Qeustion

Default pet Qeustion

I have a Chihuahua. He has a hairless spot on his right shoulder. But here is the thing it does not bother him at all. The vet has no clue what it could be. The spot is about a nickel size. Has any one run into this problem?

I would suspect allergies. Since your vet has looked at it, that would eliminate mange, which is a small parasite. All of our golden retrievers were susceptible to skin allergies, and we had to be very careful when we had to clip hair knots out of them. Perhaps this is an allergic reaction to an insect bite.

Could be allergies, maybe food allergies. But unless your dog gets more bald spots I wouldn't worry too much.

my dachshund has a type of hair that falls off progressively, doesnt seem to effect him at all

Our dog has a hairless patch on his chest. Our vet says it's from rubbing against something. I think it's from his cage where he sleeps. Maybe check around for low lying objects that he might rub up against?

I also wondered if it's rubbed off from a particular way he lays. My dog had a permanent bald spot on her right elbow for this reason.