Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Life

When I tried install the program in 2006 my PC was way too slow. I'm still on the same laptop since then, I doubt there's any less bloat. I'd probably turn into one of those people who can no longer tell RPG from reality but at the same time I think it'd be fun (once I had a machine that can run it )

I've been a Resident since 2009 and in the recent year, it has changed a lot.

Last time i played it all my bookmark were no longer valid i spent a long time just trying to find everything again I just got fed up. I should try it again tho.

Nope...I used to go on IMVU a lot at one time...but haven't been on there in forever, either!

I am a resident too and it has changed a lot.

I.. have always been interested but I don't have the courage to even boot it up. Really shy about games with huge communities. x.x

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I.. have always been interested but I don't have the courage to even boot it up. Really shy about games with huge communities. x.x
    Well, Second Life is much like this forum, a big community set around similar ideas... Though, in a 3D environment; it is more a world than game, but it has its limitations, therefore the words "world" and "game" get mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MellySonata View Post
    I am a resident too and it has changed a lot.
    What made you join it? What keeps you logging in when you do? Me, I had heard it mentioned in CSI but with time, had forgot about it. Then, remember that episode and started researching about... Once I found out that I could be child-like with my avatar; be a "kid", I have been one since I joined. Plus, since I had a story in my mind that was quite detailed already and was having "Writer's Block" around the time that I joined; I figure that it may help with getting over it. Also, it help me envision how my character would appear if in physical form.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaH View Post
    Well, Second Life is much like this forum, a big community set around similar ideas... Though, in a 3D environment; it is more a world than game, but it has its limitations, therefore the words "world" and "game" get mixed up. .
    It's the fact that so many people have different ideas.. and so many people go for different reasons.. and stuff. I guess. Like the things that I'm worried about being treated bad for don't really exist here because this community is extremely open and though we are all varied, there is a genuine want to be accepted for our weirdness, at least among each other here. I just feel like the "vibe" with that place is a bit different then 'here'.. at least to my head.

Been a member since 2006. I have seen plenty change and met some great people in RL through it. I dont log on much any more, but I spend a couple of hours online every now and then.