Thread: chaffing and diapers

Default chaffing and diapers

Seems like i chaff on my inner thighs when wearing thick diapers, or for a long period. Should i use Vaseline, or is there any other products for this issue?

I would use Desitin and hold off wearing for a few days and see if it clears up.

I've had this problem too, especially if I've put a stuffer inside my nappy. I think it was mainly because I pulled my nappies too tight around the legs. I now use Johnsons Baby Powder (it still smells the same as when I was young) beforehand and make sure my skin is totally dry before putting a nappy on.

Quote Originally Posted by lullingsea View Post
    Should i use Vaseline
    That's probably the last thing you should use, it'll often react badly with the plastic.

Actually, just last week I went a few days doing some pretty physical labor at a family's farm while diapered. Chafing was one of my biggest concerns, mostly because being constantly rubbed raw by overalls and a diaper is a recipie for disaster.

Obviously, baby powder (or in my case, corn starch) can help out a bunch, but honestly if you're in a situation that allows for might want to consider actually waddling on purpose!

I found that waddling around, and allowing your diaper to sort of spread your legs a bit, prevented the sort of rubbing that causes chaffing in the first place. I know it sounds silly, but honestly, it does work.

If you know you're going to be wearing for an extended period of time, rub some baby powder on your inner thighs.
    It seems to work for me.