Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Is this what it feels like as an AB?

  1. #1

    Default Is this what it feels like as an AB?

    Hey all,

    First, please have some patience with me... I don't identify as an AB (yet, at least) and so may not fully understand what draws people to it... but I'd like to share a story.

    I woke up this morning and found myself in a wonderful mood. It was sort of hard to express in words, but in a way I was at peace. I wasn't worrying about my job or my friends, like I'm prone to do. I wasn't beating myself up over some perceived shortcoming (like I'm also prone to do... low self-esteem has been a constant problem in my life). I wasn't feeling short on time either even though it's Sunday and the weekend will be drawing to a close.

    I had one simple desire in mind: lounging around the apartment all day, spending time online and playing games, maybe laying back down and letting my mind wander in this new peaceful state. And barring a couple small chores like laundry there is no reason I can't do this. It's very liberating.

    Long story short, I spent some time trying to figure out how to explain this better than just being "at peace" but then I realized... it's like being a little kid again. So I wanted to ask if this is the sort of feeling you seek when you regress. If it is, the day may come when I identify as an AB too... the feeling is very alluring.

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by FurryGamer View Post
    Hey all,

    First, please have some patience with me... I don't identify as an AB (yet, at least) and so may not fully understand what draws people to it... but I'd like to share a story.

    I woke up this morning and found myself in a wonderful mood. It was sort of hard to express in words, but in a way I was at peace. I wasn't worrying about my job or my friends, like I'm prone to do. I wasn't beating myself up over some perceived shortcoming (like I'm also prone to do... low self-esteem has been a constant problem in my life). I wasn't feeling short on time either even though it's Sunday and the weekend will be drawing to a close.

    I had one simple desire in mind: lounging around the apartment all day, spending time online and playing games, maybe laying back down and letting my mind wander in this new peaceful state. And barring a couple small chores like laundry there is no reason I can't do this. It's very liberating.

    Long story short, I spent some time trying to figure out how to explain this better than just being "at peace" but then I realized... it's like being a little kid again. So I wanted to ask if this is the sort of feeling you seek when you regress. If it is, the day may come when I identify as an AB too... the feeling is very alluring.
    Who knows? For a long time I was a DL with sexual ABism interspersed with it.It was two years ago when I discoverred the "at peace" non-sexual AB part of myself. What you described could be AB or it could just be a very relaxing day.

    Let me tell you my first AB experience: When I first wore a onesie over my diaper, I felt like I looked extermely cute and could be picked up and cuddled, even though I could not look at myself in the mirror, not wanting to see an ABed up near-40-year-old. When I play, I do not see duplo blox which have to be picked up, I see bright simple colors that can interlock with each other.

    Look at how you would feel in AB clothing. Also look at yourself being in a role with a partner who will control you in a baby world but you could always trust to make sure you are taken care of.

    You could be like me, a DL with splashes of AB, or you could be a pure DL. I was a pure DL up until I was maybe 16-18 and then sexual ABism started coming in to my feelings.

  4. #4

    Default

    I think wearing diapers is a journey that for many of us, starts at liking diapers and then transcends into having more infantile thoughts in that we do find that early sense of peace and belonging. I wouldn't worry about it, but just let it take it's course. The worse thing would be to either stress over it, or push it beyond what it is. It should always be a natural event, which yours clearly is.

  5. #5

    Default

    Your experience doesn't seem to be "regressive" but peaceful - which is good. I think it's important to be able dissociate for a period from the stresses of life, especially during periods where we can't do anything about them (ie. stressing out about work when you're home) (this actually builds up learned helplessness, which contributes to a feeling of depression). Some of us achieve this through regression. Others have other ways to relax. Was your experience distinctly "little" or were you just able to relax for a bit? Only you can answer that.

    The truth is that most of us exist on an ABDL spectrum. If something helps you relax, do it. Maybe it means you spend a day playing video games, maybe it means you get a pacifier. AB is just a label that we use to describe the activities.

  6. #6

    Default

    I can say for myself that you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. I feel like my true self is my baby self, and my stressed out grown-up self is who I pretend to be. Because of this, liberating and relaxing are the perfect words to describe how I feel when I drop the grown-up persona, let the world melt away around me, and surround myself with the simple joys and comforts of childhood/infancy.

  7. #7
    Countdown

    Default

    It seems that many ABs "regress" and reach a peaceful state of mind, but I wouldn't say that all ABs do. When I was a TB (since becoming an adult, that side of me has (mostly) eroded, for some reason, and I don't think I could continue to accurately describe myself as an AB), I don't recall having ever experienced that peaceful feeling; nevertheless, I was attracted to the idea of dressing up as a baby.

  8. #8

    Default

    It's all about how you perceive your feelings which determine what said feelings are. A lot of people find this peace through meditation or simple relaxation, so it doesn't have to be an AB thing if you don't feel that it was. Don't stress about putting a title on it. But I'm glad you found some peace of mind for the day! Whenever I have a day like that (it isn't often) I truly feel blessed.

    Regression, to me, is like the OP described it: feeling like a kid without a worry in the world. Feeling like I did before school and work and relationships got thrown into life's confusing equation. In that sense, I don't regress to being a helpless baby playing with toys. It's when I can sit alone without any bothers playing a fun video game while padded and just being comfortable, and relaxed. Because that's what I did as a kid if I wasn't outside using my imagination to go to some other magical world.

    Find your own version of relaxing regression and don't worry whether people agree with it or not.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by lilyshore View Post
    .... let the world melt away around me, and surround myself with the simple joys and comforts of childhood/infancy.
    Yep that's pretty much how I see it too.

    That's not to say that I don't like "regular" ways of relaxing - Reading / Playing computer games / etc all have their place as well - But there's something magic about being able to leave the real world behind, even if it is only for a few hours now and then!

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by NeverKnow View Post
    Your experience doesn't seem to be "regressive" but peaceful - which is good. I think it's important to be able dissociate for a period from the stresses of life, especially during periods where we can't do anything about them (ie. stressing out about work when you're home) (this actually builds up learned helplessness, which contributes to a feeling of depression). Some of us achieve this through regression. Others have other ways to relax. Was your experience distinctly "little" or were you just able to relax for a bit? Only you can answer that.

    The truth is that most of us exist on an ABDL spectrum. If something helps you relax, do it. Maybe it means you spend a day playing video games, maybe it means you get a pacifier. AB is just a label that we use to describe the activities.
    That's very interesting. I'm certainly known for stressing out about work when I'm at home... it seems to love to come to the surface when I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep! That's not healthy, I know. But hopefully through some sort of basic meditation I can work through that. It doesn't happen all the time, just now and then.

    To answer your question, I didn't particularly feel little, no. I still prefer to think of myself as an adult, though an immature one at times. But it had a sort of nostalgic feeling to it, since it's been a long time since I felt that way. It reminded me of when I was younger, but in a rose-tinted-glasses sort of way. To be honest, my childhood sucked. I was bullied a lot, and had no friends because of a lack of social skills. (I have Asperger's... it took years of being pulled aside for various sorts of therapy and essentially learning how to be social to get where I am now.)

    But perhaps that's part of it. I'd certainly like a chance to have a childhood with the social skills and knowledge I have now. Though I wouldn't want to go all the way back to being a baby, I think being 7 or 8 again would be interesting. To have some limited autonomy while being free of heavy responsibilities. I hate responsibility sometimes... I think I'm rambling at this point, though.

Similar Threads

  1. It feels so familiar...
    By Piplup in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-Apr-2012, 01:05
  2. Feels Interesting
    By Relapse in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-Mar-2012, 22:31
  3. it feels as though...
    By diaperedteenager in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-Jun-2009, 04:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.