Thread: DuckTales (NES) Remastered!

Default DuckTales (NES) Remastered!

DuckTales Remastered -- Reveal Trailer - YouTube

So yeah.. you might already have heard about this. Still, there should totally be a topic about it on this forum. Anyone who has owned an NES growing up has probably heard of this game. It was one of those liscensed games that actually existed back in the NES/Genesis era that was actually good. They occasionally were back then, and it's largely remembered for being one of the best NES games out there. It also has one of the most popular pieces of video game music ever, at least among us uber intense video gamers who takes them very seriously or something.

So giving this a remastering is pretty cool! Yes, I know it doesn't HAVE to be remastered to be enjoyed, but it's still an awesome shoutout and will make the game more accessible for people to enjoy. Which is awesome.

Are you going to pick it up? (It appears as if it's basically going to be on EVERYTHING.. so.. ) Are you interested? Do you hate this with a burning passion? Did you play the original?

Also you know, you could just watch that video to listen to the DuckTales theme song. That's fine too.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the biggest things that gets to me is how.. much like the old cartoon it looks. Like, playing this would have been such a trip back then. Hehe.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I can't help but notice they are basically using the old box art. That's cute.

Having only gotten an NES a few years ago through eBay, alongside games like MegaMan, BattleToads and Contra, I loved playing DuckTales on it.

So, seeing one of my favorite NES games being remade for a new generation, it's a very nice decision by Capcom, now if only they could stop cock teasing us with a new MegaMan game.

I never played the original, but I looked up the ad to see what all the hype was about. It looks like a really good revamp and would probably give it a try. Can't get that theme song out of my head though.

I played the orginal for possibly a hour as a child, never really liked it all that much. I know it was at least decent but it wasn't for me which is odd since I watched the show and liked all the mario games.

I'm so excited for this. My brothers and I spent hours upon hours with this game. The show and the game were definitely big parts of my childhood.