Thread: Feeling a bit useless/alone...

Default Feeling a bit useless/alone...

Since the 15th, the day I joined, I haven't felt that I'm worth being a member... All the topics that I want to discuss; well, have been discussed.

I don't know what do...

Perhaps come up with something that no one has thought to discuss, or put a spin on an old discussion and ask more refined questions or something you felt that lacked in it.

You've only been here for a week, it'll take some time.

Please don't feel bad. Like Geno said, just give yourself some time. You'll get into the flow. Sometimes it's just a matter of timing. I've had little to say the last several nights, and this night I've had a lot to contribute. It's nothing but timing and having subjects come up where you have something to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaH View Post
    Since the 15th, the day I joined, I haven't felt that I'm worth being a member... All the topics that I want to discuss; well, have been discussed.

I don't know what do...
    honestly, i feel much like that most all the time. i find that i'm really not much of a writer, and that i look at the forums and most nothing inspires me. and then i get one of my awful-horrible migraines that knocks me out for a good while..... and then just as i am coming out of it, viola! i find something that really catches my minds eye and inspires my muse.... and i write! sometimes i write several things over several days.

my point here is that it's taken me many years to learn that i need to simply have patience's and wait through my unproductive times (with no migraines) until i have a string of them and can start writing again.... maybe every one has some such thing that helps them to write, and they just need to find it.

don't get me wrong though, as my migraines are often times devastating. but i have learned to see the rainbow that can come on the end of some of them.....

good luck with your writing and your muse, Joshua....
    Last edited by littlelodgewrecker; 23-Mar-2013 at 08:11.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaH View Post

I don't know what do...
    First, don't worry, give it some time! I do almost all my posting in the Off Topic and Mature Topics forums. Occasionally there are as many as five threads I'm really involved in. Sometimes there are hardly any active threads and I'm avoiding them all because I think the subject is stupid or boring. I've had times I'll be tapping my fingers hoping that someone says something about evolution or cellular biology so I can be interested again.

Second, if a topic has been discussed before (but a long time before), just start up a new thread. There are topics that we often discuss in depth, then stop talking about it, then six months later someone starts a nearly identical thread and we go again. As time goes, members leave the community. New members (like you!) join. Existing members may have their feelings on a subject change or have a new revelation to share. There's no harm in discussing things multiple times. That doesn't mean necessarily going crazy, of course. If we had an active thread on something going for a month and then it just ended, people probably aren't interested in talking about it again *yet*. And there are some topics that by their nature don't change- no matter how many years go by, baby diapers will not fit adults and will not be a satisfying experience. But feel free to restart a topic if it hasn't been discusses in a while or if you think you have a new spin that hasn't been examined in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    honestly, i feel much like that most all the time. i find that i'm really not much of a writer, and that i look at the forums and most nothing inspires me. and then i get one of my awful-horrible migraines that knocks me out for a good while..... and then just as i am coming out of it, viola! i find something that really catches my minds eye and inspires my muse.... and i write! sometimes i write several things over several days.

my point here is that it's taken me many years to learn that i need to simply have patience's and wait through my unproductive times (with no migraines) until i have a string of them and can start writing again.... maybe every one has some such thing that helps them to write, and they just need to find it.
    You would like this.

Well, after a day; it appears, I know what I will be doing... Writing. Got five plots line up for stories.

Hey your ok some time's it's just sharing what happend to you or how your feeling is about what you see.
    Yes it has probably been sead but every one can see thing's a little defrent so dont think you veiw is not needed it is . Thanks for being here welcome to the group .:-)