Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodness I forgot to introduce myself!

Default Goodness I forgot to introduce myself!

Please forgive my lapse in good manners, and allow me to introduce myself, albeit belatedly.

As one of those rarest of creatures, a lesbian-oriented biologically female adult baby, I have always felt a crippling aloneness even within the AB community that I am only just beginning to explore. From troubles finding a caretaker to relating to others to handling my own behavior with people in my grown-up life, I have struggled terribly, and even painfully at times, with the person I am and wish to be inside.

When I was a real life toddler, I simply never grew up. Even at 4 years old I was secreting baby diapers in my room and strapping myself into my toy doll's stroller or my old car seat. Even today within my circle of friends, who have NO idea about my AB persona, I am the one who needs to be babied, cared for and protected. The very instincts I inspire in others are to treat me like a child or baby, holding me when I slam my head, spanking me when I behave irresponsibly, and using punishment and reward to improve my behavior rather than just shaking off my childishness.

But I have never let anyone in to the secret that this childishness runs much deeper than just a greater need to be cared for than most adults. If I did, I am sure that what is now just people's instinctive responses to me would morph into disgust, and I would lose my innocence in their eyes. That is why a connection with the AB/DL community was something that I desperately needed, especially to stop leaning on the semi-support of my unknowing grown-up friends, risking losing them or developing unhealthy relationships.

For the first time I have decided to actually reach out to the AB/DL community, and thus far I have already felt a tremendous weight lifted from my shoulders! I know that not only am I different from the grown ups around me, I'm also different from the majority of ABs, but the support that I have already received in my short time here has shown me that I am absolutely not alone, and that there are so many ways for me to love myself and allow myself to live the way that I want, and not be alone!

I want to thank every member of the AB/DL community just for being a kindred spirit!

Lily

Quote Originally Posted by lilyshore View Post
    Please forgive my lapse in good manners, and allow me to introduce myself, albeit belatedly.

As one of those rarest of creatures, a lesbian-oriented biologically female adult baby, I have always felt a crippling aloneness even within the AB community that I am only just beginning to explore. From troubles finding a caretaker to relating to others to handling my own behavior with people in my grown-up life, I have struggled terribly, and even painfully at times, with the person I am and wish to be inside.

When I was a real life toddler, I simply never grew up. Even at 4 years old I was secreting baby diapers in my room and strapping myself into my toy doll's stroller or my old car seat. Even today within my circle of friends, who have NO idea about my AB persona, I am the one who needs to be babied, cared for and protected. The very instincts I inspire in others are to treat me like a child or baby, holding me when I slam my head, spanking me when I behave irresponsibly, and using punishment and reward to improve my behavior rather than just shaking off my childishness.

But I have never let anyone in to the secret that this childishness runs much deeper than just a greater need to be cared for than most adults. If I did, I am sure that what is now just people's instinctive responses to me would morph into disgust, and I would lose my innocence in their eyes. That is why a connection with the AB/DL community was something that I desperately needed, especially to stop leaning on the semi-support of my unknowing grown-up friends, risking losing them or developing unhealthy relationships.

For the first time I have decided to actually reach out to the AB/DL community, and thus far I have already felt a tremendous weight lifted from my shoulders! I know that not only am I different from the grown ups around me, I'm also different from the majority of ABs, but the support that I have already received in my short time here has shown me that I am absolutely not alone, and that there are so many ways for me to love myself and allow myself to live the way that I want, and not be alone!

I want to thank every member of the AB/DL community just for being a kindred spirit!

Lily
    Hello lilyshore and welcome to ADISC! Your intro was very lovely, and it's wonderful to hear that you are at least a little less lonely amongst the AB community. I want to say that even though I am a transgirl Adult Baby, something I personally think is that we all are kinda.. special. Like, I don't personally feel like my experience or feelings actually matches any of the other transgirl Adult Babies I've talked to since coming here. That's not to say I haven't heard things I can relate to or really bond with, but in the end my experience as an AB seems unique.

I honestly think that's the same with everyone and that in a way, the fact that so many of us approach it differently part of what actually makes us all the same. We are all special, so we are all the same. Kinda. I know it's more complicated then that, I'm 100% not trying to say I don't understand that your experience is unique.. I just hope that you don't let the differences bring you down. I know that I let myself worry too much about being alone sometimes, and I wouldn't wish those feelings on you.

What sorts of things do you like doing that aren't DIRECTLY AB related, out of curosity? It doesn't have to not be childish stuff of course. Like, I love to watch and collect Strawberry Shortcake and Lalaloopy merchandise. I should be getting another Lalaloopsy doll soon, which will be my 4th one! Sew excited! Hehe.

This I feel, is a wonderful site you are taking part of, one with the wonderful goal of supporting each other. I hope that not only you receive that support a ton while you are here, that you find a way to support someone else too. Most of all though, have bunches of fun!

Welcome to ADISC Lily ^_^

That was a really nice introduction, the bit at the end made me feel all fuzzy.

I can kind of relate to a lot of what your saying, I feel like I never grew up either, I certainly don't act my age, and as young as toddler age I wanted to be back in diapers too.

I really hope you find everything you're looking for here. You seem like a nice person.

May I ask you to tell us your hobbies outside of ABDLism?

Well Lily, believe you me you are definitely not alone! I went through similar feelings before too and the nice thing is that most of the fade and what you are left with is appreciation of a side of you that is 100% unique and knowledge that no one can take that from you.

On behalf of all the wonderful, and some slightly less wonderful, people here,

Welcome to ADISC!
    -Zazi

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!!! I am realizing now more than ever that I'm really not alone, and that makes all the angst I have felt over my uniqueness just melt away!

As for hobbies and interests in addition to my baby life, well, I am a scientist (molecular biologist) so most of my interests are kinda science. I love astronomy and cosmology, always go to planetarium shows, and have a nightlight that projects the solar system on my ceiling! I also love to garden and have over 100 plants in my apartment! I like horses a lot (used to have a real one), and similar to Gigglemuffinz doll collection, I like to collect Breyer horses and accessories! I love being outside and camping, and used to be a girl scout, and I did outward bound in the Smokey Mountains so I was trained in wilderness survival. I also really love swimming! Oh my gosh there's just so much, I guess I just really love life!!!

Hello Lilyshore

Welcome to the group. This was a very nice introduction.

The thing that caught my I is that you are a Molectular Biologist, and love gandening/plants.

I am a retired research biologist and also have a background in Botany.
    What aspect of biology are you working in?
    I did Reproductive, Neuroscience, Gene treropy, and Virology reserch.

What kind of plants do you like working with?
    I have produced three pinapples. The plants were started from the crowns of Pineapples We bought in Maui on our honeymoon in 2004. I now have 2 "grand daughter" plants growing in our dinning room.

Again Welcome!

Hey Lily,
    while you may be biologically different, and have a different sexual orientation (I like girls too BTW lol ) everything else sounds very familiar..... I'm pretty sure most of what makes us AB transcends sexuality or biology, these things just influence our expression as ABs. I hope you enjoy being here with like minded people... I know I do

Hey ya lilyshore!

It's really good to hear, that you're feeling better now, after you decided to join up the ab/dl community! ^_^

I kinda know this feeling of loneliness, if you "prefer" girls (i'm bi, so i'm putting it that way... *giggle*) and are a little bit different. The lesbian community is kinda vanilla and judges everything, it feels that way atleast in my country.
    But in the end every Jack will find his Jill *cuddle*

Anyway, a nice introduction! Just maybe something you might want to tell about your hobbies? You listed Swimming, astronomy/cosmology, travel, cooking in your profile. I'm really... really curious about the astronomy part, you're already a biologist and a part of your hobbies are metaphysics too?
    And about the cooking, something you enjoy the most or your favourite meals?

dungion - It's really awesome to hear from a fellow bio nerd! I am currently researching signaling pathways in axonal development (specifically the eph4 receptor and ephrin-A2 ligand in xenopus laevis embryos) and hopefully will publish that work soon. As far as plants are concerned, I have a huge variety of indoor plants, including nice table of bromeliads and orchids that I'm always struggling to get blooming, as well as a small passionflower collection. In the spring I really hope to get some patio tomatoes and peppers going, hopefully some chili peppers in deference to my roommate who is Indian! How did you manage to get your pineapples to behave? I tried twice with grocery store pineapples and failed miserably both times. Maybe the grocery store variety just doesn't like propagation?

daLira - I think you must have thought I said astrology! Just the physics for me, I'll pass on the meta part ;-) Anyway, my favorite thing to cook is chicken curry and biryani. This is because I have always lived with Indians since I left my childhood home, and have been absorbed into an Indian family, so I am well-versed in Indian cooking. I have tried experimenting with Thai dishes, but not having a proper teacher has led to some interesting disasters! I also love to bake, and always make cakes and pastries for my friends. Are you also fond of cooking adventures?

I have a LARG certification and took care of multiple tanks. ITs fun to see the look on peoples face when you say that you milk frogs for eggs. I have a paper published on the effects of morphine on fetal breathing movements. Plus there has been several things in the news that I did all of the animal husbandry work and sample acquisitions. THe one I brag about the most is one of the side effects listed for "Tricyline low" was the one I noted during the test phase of the drug protocol.

I may have 2 pineapple plants that are 8+ years old, but that does not account for the 30+ it took to learn how to propogate them. I also learned that on our honeymoon. THe secret is were they live, i.e. it has to be a very porious volcanic type soil and the root system is very weak.
    I am more impressed that you have orchids. THey are the only plant that I can touch and actually hear them screaming "he's going to kill us"

I also like cooking and your comment about Indian food is interesting. I have been working on learning asia food for a couple of years. I get the magic three aspect, but I can not get the hang of rolling salid rolls without them busting or dumping there stuffing when I bit into them.