Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Way To Chase Away The Winter Chills?

Question Best Way To Chase Away The Winter Chills?

You've been outside in the bitter cold raking the last of autumn leaves, shoveling snow, scraping frost off the car, de-icing the walkways, or just walking home from somewhere. You come in all chilled to the bone. What do you go for that will quickly warm you up inside? A hot chocolate, some hot soup, tea or coffee, microwave snack, a little nip from a bottle having a little kick to it, or perhaps something else?

Going outside in the cold wind to get a load of firewood in made me think of this topic. After being out in the cold during the day, a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows really hits the spot. Other favs are a hot bowl of oyster stew or cup of hot tea. If I'm out in the cold later at night a nice hot tea with a teaspoon or two of rum hits the spot and quickly warms me up inside. So what chases away your Winter chill?

Best way: a warm shower (not hot you'll only burn yourself) + tea with quite a bit of sugar. This is the technique used to warm up conscious hypothermia victims. As I assume you to be conscious.

What I do myself is put my hand under a cold (to me it feels hot) facet. The rest of my body barely cools down because of a good jacket.

Turn on the radiator and sit there waiting to defrost. I find that when I'm that cold I can barely manage to do anything complicated like make a cup of tea.

Charlie, that's why someone else gets tea for you, all you do is drink it.

Oh and I forgot, put on dry clothes. If you don't have any stay out of the wind and take off all clothes except for 1 layer.

Start a fire, make hot chocolate, change clothes, and relax in front of said fire. It gets very cold here, so we tend to do this a lot.

make hot chocolate, start a fire in the fireplace, find somebody to cuddle/snuggle with and watch a nice holiday movie on TV

Works every time

I do it by not getting cold in the first place, if you dress like it's cold outside you will not be cold when you come back in the house.

If I have to do something in the yard or move snow, the two best things I have found, are snowmobile suits and insulated coveralls, most of the time I just put on a pair of either of those over my thermals,( I always wear thermals usually 2 pair), and go and do what I need to do, and when I come in I'm fine not cold, and I rearely get sick.

And if you like to walk in winter like I do, for those days when the wind is howling, I use a wetsuit under the coveralls, the wind never touches you, I do 4 miles everyday no matter the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Brome Teks View Post
    Start a fire, make hot chocolate, change clothes, and relax in front of said fire. It gets very cold here, so we tend to do this a lot.
    Try changing into a fresh, cloth diaper that just came out of the clothes drier and cover them with a pretty plastic panty. So snuggly warm.

Be me!

I have practically no sensation of cold. I only feel it when I am ill or I go between two places with vastly different temperatures. When it comes to winter I wear long clothes not because I am cold, but because I prefer how they feel to short ones and while I feel hot wearing them, I don't usually feel like I am melting. I'm sorry, I can't think of anything to help you, been as I never really have to do it myself.

Mzkkbprmt: Then you haven't been in the see at this time of the year.