Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible diaper side effect?

Default Possible diaper side effect?

So, for the past few days I've been able to wear *almost* 24/7, thanks to a deal with some family members that involves me staying at their semi-farm/ranch house all by myself for the week.

I got some really awesome diapers for the occasion, and have been padded almost the entire time. It's been great! However, I've noticed something strange as this is one of the first times I've been able to wear for an extended period of time. For whatever reason I can't seem to wet all that much.

I've been litterally chugging down whatever is on hand at the time, in the last 5 hours or so,I've gone through three 12 oz bottles of water, one 17 oz root beer, and two cans of ginger ale.

To be rather blunt and honest, the diaper that I got on around mid-morning or so is still like 3/4 dry, despite having drank enough liquid to fill an ocean! Am I missing something here? It's like my body is rebelling against being padded or something...what gives?

I think you have a very good diaper that hold alot liquid. You may have pee alot in the diaper but don't feel wet because you wearing a very good diaper that holds alot. So your body is not rebelling against being padded!

I wouldn't know if your bladder is shrinking that fast, if this is your first time wearing 24/7. Maybe the diapers are way better than your usual ones, but as for side effects, be alert to when you finally do drench the diaper, that when you sit down fast it may squeeze the liquified padding out the sides causing it to run down your legs - probably right when you have to take more than a few steps and it's something urgent

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't know if your bladder is shrinking that fast, if this is your first time wearing 24/7. Maybe the diapers are way better than your usual ones, but as for side effects, be alert to when you finally do drench the diaper, that when you sit down fast it may squeeze the liquified padding out the sides causing it to run down your legs - probably right when you have to take more than a few steps and it's something urgent

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I sure hope not!

Being able to be padded all day long like this is great, but a shrinking bladder would NOT be cool whatsoever. Although to be fair my 'usual' diapers consist of whatever cheap, godawful store bought diapers I can find on rare occasions. In the past the store near here used to have the old plastic backed Depends, but now that those have vanished, the only thing left has been some cheap cloth-backed kind. I've had bambinos before on one other occasion, but because of having to be ninja-like about wearing around my family I havent been able to wear for more than a few hours at a time (mostly at night).

On a random tangent...is it nuts that I get embarrassed about being seen walking around the house in a diaper by my grandma's dog? I almost fell out off the couch earlier when he walked into the room I was in and apparantly nudged the open door on his way in. Talk about paranoia... xD

Being diapered in front of my dog always bothered me. I didn't want to let her down.....sigh.

I"m wondering, are you out working or sweating, because that would redirect you body/liquid content, and you might be sweating it out rather than passing water through your kidneys.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Being diapered in front of my dog always bothered me. I didn't want to let her down.....sigh.

I"m wondering, are you out working or sweating, because that would redirect you body/liquid content, and you might be sweating it out rather than passing water through your kidneys.
    Hmm... well, I have been doing some work outside. Not exactly backbreaking, sweat-like-crazy exhausting work, mostly taking care of animals and other lightweight stuff. In fact, were it not for the heavy clothes I had to wear to keep from getting cut to sheds by straw/hay/whatnot, I probably wouldn't have worked up a sweat at all. It was a pretty chilly day today, considering it's technically Spring!

Could be mental issues. First few times I could not either, yet when I took them off it went immediately.

So it might just come down to you not being comfy enough. A suggestion might be to try to not force it and be relaxed about it. You could also try turning on sounds of water, like a waterfall or a dripping faucet. Has been known to help as well

- - - Updated - - -

Could be mental issues. First few times I could not either, yet when I took them off it went immediately.

So it might just come down to you not being comfy enough. A suggestion might be to try to not force it and be relaxed about it. You could also try turning on sounds of water, like a waterfall or a dripping faucet. Has been known to help as well

Well, what goes in must come out. I would guess, based on what you've said, that you're noticing the capacity improvement over what you usually wear. So you need to drink more. Drink it early in the day and then give it time.

I would doubt your bladder is shrinking. That wouldn't result in less overall wetting, just more frequent urges.

Are you chugging or are you drinking constantly? My suggestion if want to spend more time wetter is to really try to hydrate in the morning. Overnight your body does a lot of its metabolic processing (notice that urine is more concentrated when you wake up) and you will be more dehydrated. Try to make up for that in the morning. Also if you drink a cup of coffee in the morning, you will actually dehydrate, so you want to drink enough water to account for that. I would suggest frequent hydrating with water and drinking those more concentrated beverages (sodas, coffee) when your bladder already pretty full.

Zpeed

Water will run through your body
    Everything else needs to be processed first
    Salt will make you retain water

Quote Originally Posted by NeverKnow View Post
    Well, what goes in must come out. I would guess, based on what you've said, that you're noticing the capacity improvement over what you usually wear. So you need to drink more. Drink it early in the day and then give it time.

I would doubt your bladder is shrinking. That wouldn't result in less overall wetting, just more frequent urges.

Are you chugging or are you drinking constantly? My suggestion if want to spend more time wetter is to really try to hydrate in the morning. Overnight your body does a lot of its metabolic processing (notice that urine is more concentrated when you wake up) and you will be more dehydrated. Try to make up for that in the morning. Also if you drink a cup of coffee in the morning, you will actually dehydrate, so you want to drink enough water to account for that. I would suggest frequent hydrating with water and drinking those more concentrated beverages (sodas, coffee) when your bladder already pretty full.
    Not a bad idea!

For the most part I was drinking pretty constantly, mostly water too. It wasn't until later when I realized just how absorbent these diapers are that I started to purposefully chug down any drinks I could find.

Interestingly, I just found a full pitcher of sweet tea in the fridge. Part of me feels like drinking that before zonking out for the night, that much sugar just before going to sleep probably isn't the best idea however... :P