Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Any intelligence on EU Tena Slip?

  1. #1

    Default Any intelligence on EU Tena Slip?

    For the uninformed: SCA's Tena brand of adult incontinence products are not the same worldwide: Tena AUS is different than Tena JPN is different to Tena NA and the original Tena EU (much like how Attends and even Pampers are different).

    Tena NA is the most different: they share no products in common with their other markets, and they use different materials, sizing, and nomenclature. For example their adult diapers are called "Tena Brief" and "Tena Stretch", are green cloth-backed, and do not have leg-gathers/leak-guards, and no waist elastication giving them a budget feel to them, despite having very good absorbency.

    Tena AUS and Tena EU share the "Tena Slip" product, although Tena AUS switched to cloth-like backing last year - which has me worried because looking at Abena, Lille, and Tena EU's rare Slip Ultima, it's inevitable that Tena EU will make the switch. I care because Tena EU Slip is the most non-AB infantile adult diaper I know, and their plastic backing feeling is unique, and will be missed.

    I know I could stockpile them, but I feel that's just being silly - I do, however, want to know when I can expect the change to be made so I'm not caught by surprise.

    I contacted SCA a few months ago and they said they had no plans to change the product's design at present, but SCA has a history of changing the Slip product's design every 3-4 years (1998, 2002, 2005, 2009)[1] so surely they're up to something right now?

    [1]For reference: 1998 was a packaging update, but I'm certain they did something to the product. 2002 was the introduction of the "white with a stripe" design. 2005 Made the stripes darker and changed the tapes. And 2009's was a redesign with a stippled pattern and a thinner (but more absorbent overall) core that didn't disintegrate.

  2. #2

    Default

    Actually about TENA EU (it's not the same all over europe btw) switching to a cloth-style cover:

    Tena Switzerland has ALREADY DONE SO for ALL the Slip Products (Plus, Super, Maxi) - the "ultima" are NOT available here though.
    I personally think it's a good thing.
    I have mostly been wearing the Attends M8-10 Regular Diapers (thin, discrete, comfy)... mostly because of their all-cloth side-panels (no plastic at all) which makes them so much more comfy in my opinion.

    Also I had some bad experience with the plastic-covered tena Slips while ago... but have given them a new try just last week for my bedwetting issues - and I have to say I for one LIKE the cloth-type cover a LOT... so much more comfy... so much less "sticky" around the legs...

  3. #3

    Default

    I've also contacted Tena to enquire about this and received much the same answer as above. I don't think they're planning to change anytime soon, but it'll probably happen eventually. It'll be sad when they do though as they're one of the few decent diaper ranges left available in this country.

    I remember reading that Tena Slip is the diaper of choice for much of the NHS. That means they're almost certainly tied into lots of contracts with hospitals, nursing homes and the like. That should ensure the supply continues for a while.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Actually about TENA EU (it's not the same all over europe btw) switching to a cloth-style cover:

    Tena Switzerland has ALREADY DONE SO for ALL the Slip Products (Plus, Super, Maxi) - the "ultima" are NOT available here though.
    Interesting. I've taken a look at Tena.ch (their Swiss website) and the language they use is ambiguous about the backing material (compared to the Tena.aus website which explicitly states cloth), but I'll take your word for it.

    Have they gone for a 100% cloth-backing with velcro-only tapes (a la US Tena and Lille) or do they resemble Ultima (cloth body, but plastic landing zone with adhesive tapes)?



    Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    I personally think it's a good thing.
    I have mostly been wearing the Attends M8-10 Regular Diapers (thin, discrete, comfy)... mostly because of their all-cloth side-panels (no plastic at all) which makes them so much more comfy in my opinion.

    Also I had some bad experience with the plastic-covered tena Slips while ago... but have given them a new try just last week for my bedwetting issues - and I have to say I for one LIKE the cloth-type cover a LOT... so much more comfy... so much less "sticky" around the legs...
    I agree with you there - I do find Slip Ultima more comfortable than Maxi, and more breathable, but Tena's plastic backing was something unique and just felt nice to the touch.



    Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I've also contacted Tena to enquire about this and received much the same answer as above. I don't think they're planning to change anytime soon, but it'll probably happen eventually. It'll be sad when they do though as they're one of the few decent diaper ranges left available in this country.
    After I become a dot-com millionaire, I'll start my own AB diaper line! With hookers and blackjack!



    Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    I remember reading that Tena Slip is the diaper of choice for much of the NHS. That means they're almost certainly tied into lots of contracts with hospitals, nursing homes and the like. That should ensure the supply continues for a while.
    It depends on the district. Some issue Mollicare, others Lille. Hospitals are free to do their own procurement: when I visited my ailing grandmother in hospital last year they were using Tena Flex, but another hospital I saw issued Attends.

    I have a "strategic reserve" of four packs of 24x Tena Slip Maxi Medium - I wonder if I should stock up on some more.

  5. #5

    Default

    Lots of LHAs use Euron too (who still supply plastic nappies for this market, although their website implies that too is only a matter of time).

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalSomeThing View Post
    Interesting. I've taken a look at Tena.ch (their Swiss website) and the language they use is ambiguous about the backing material (compared to the Tena.aus website which explicitly states cloth), but I'll take your word for it.

    Have they gone for a 100% cloth-backing with velcro-only tapes (a la US Tena and Lille) or do they resemble Ultima (cloth body, but plastic landing zone with adhesive tapes)?
    Well unfortunatly imho, they have gone for the same style as the ultima -> plastic covered landing zone... I would have preferred all-cloth + velcro. but it's better.
    Usually I was wearing the Attends M10 Reg. for night - but so far I'm actually thinking of switching over to either a TENA Slip Super or Maxi size M for night-time.
    For Daytime I guess I'll stick with the attends for now though, as the thinnest Tena (the Plus) is still somewhat thicker / more noticeable in my opinion than an Attends M8 ... also the absolutely plastic-free side panels of the Attends make it a bit more breathable there...

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Overnight View Post
    Lots of LHAs use Euron too (who still supply plastic nappies for this market, although their website implies that too is only a matter of time).
    What are LHAs if you don't mind.?

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    What are LHAs if you don't mind.?
    Presumably "Local health authority" - except that's never been a term used, possibly a corruption from "Local education authority".

  8. #8

    Default

    Apologies - yes I was referring to Health authorities. LHA is a thing - but it has nothing to do with the provision of incontinence supplies!

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Well unfortunatly imho, they have gone for the same style as the ultima -> plastic covered landing zone... I would have preferred all-cloth
    In Aus they are completely cloth backed with no plastic taping panel. I don't like them because they sag.

  10. #10

    Default

    Yeah, that's the major problem with all-cloth nappies. I like the Attends with plastic backed main part and cloth sides, as the breathable bit is actually of benefit where there's no padding, but the tapes are stuck onto plastic so hold tightly.

    Also with Tenas, I've tried the Ultima which is cloth backed with plastic tape zone, still sags more than the plastic Maxi/Super. And the taping zone is high up on the Tena, with the plastic ones I prefer to tape them low to get a good seal around the legs (the plastic rips when you remove them, but there's no need to remove the bottom tapes before you're going to change anyway). With the mostly cloth one that won't be possible.

Similar Threads

  1. X-Plus or Tena Slip
    By leicesterfan in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15-Feb-2013, 08:10
  2. Tena slip
    By Bby in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16-Mar-2012, 01:00
  3. Tena Slip?
    By Tommy in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-Feb-2012, 11:41
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-Apr-2011, 21:56
  5. anyone know where i can get tena slip ??
    By rakkisusanowa in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-Sep-2008, 03:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.