View Poll Results: How big or small is your town?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • More that 10 million

1 1.69%
  • 1 to 10 million

8 13.56%
  • 500k to 1 million

1 1.69%
  • 100k to 500k

9 15.25%
  • 25k to 100k

15 25.42%
  • 1000 to 25k

20 33.90%
  • 500 to 1000

3 5.08%
  • 20 to 500 people

0 0%
  • less than 20 people

2 3.39%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your town/city large or small?

Default Your town/city large or small?

It just piqued my interest after reading hundereds of posts on adisc that we all seem to come from varying size towns or cities.

After reading various accounts I have noticed that some have a small town feel and others a large city feel and would like to pose the question:

How big or small is your town?

There is no particular need to state the name of your town but only the size of population. I live in the city of Phoenix and the population is at 1.6 million.

I grew up in a small town of about 7000, I now live in a city of 400,000+

Quote Originally Posted by ilostthesheriff View Post
    It just piqued my interest after reading hundereds of posts on adisc that we all seem to come from varying size towns or cities.

After reading various accounts I have noticed that some have a small town feel and others a large city feel and would like to pose the question:

How big or small is your town?

There is no particular need to state the name of your town but only the size of population. I live in the city of Phoenix and the population is at 1.6 million.
    i used to live in Gilbert and Mesa just outside of pheonix

but now i live in a small port town on the river in west kentucky

I live in an area and the area is over two million people. The city alone is close to 600,000.

I currently live in a relatively dense township with about 50,000 people in it. Next summer I move to New Orleans which is, surprisingly to me, 360,000 people. Shocking to think NO isn't that much bigger than my suburban hometown.

PaddedPuppy

I live in Newcastle, about 300,000 population.

I live in a city close to boston, MA with a poplution of close to 100k.

My town has 20,000 people in it, but am planning to move to a 3.2 million pop. region.

How big is my town?! But... I don't live in a town!

There's probably around 5000 people in my village, but living in the Home Counties (even with the green belt around London), it's a pretty over-developed conurbation, I'd say... There are several other villages about a mile away, and several towns within 3 to 6 miles...

I live in London, most definitely a city - not a town, which has a population of over 8,000,000+. However, because of how old London is, it has been absorbing towns for centuries. So much so that "Greater London" is now starting to encompass other would-be cities. There is literally no getting away from it. My town, within Greater London, only has a population of around 20,000 people.

To be perfectly honest, I am sick to death of city life. You can't go for a walk at 4am, even in the suburbs, without encountering at least one person - and usually a lot more. It takes over an hour on the motorway to get into proper countryside, and I'm already a fair distance from Central London itself! I've had enough of all the hussle and bussle, and the smellyness and car fumes. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for all the freedoms that living in a city gives you. One can literally do anything and everything in London. But, more importantly I've decided, that at least for me, it's not conducive for good mental or physical health.

I'll be attending University somewhere a little less busy I think. Or at least, somewhere where it's easier for me to escape to somewhere that's less busy. I'd love to be able to see the horizon once in a while.

(PS: Why ask which town we all live in, when you yourself live in a city?! That's surely nonsensical!?!?)