Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incon to DL

Default Incon to DL

This is a question for incontinent guys and girls.

I was reading an excellent thread about whether we we NEED or WANT diapers and it set me thinking about my own situation. I've been incontinent for many years following a spinal chord injury. I always managed this with a combination of indwelling catheters, condom catheters and ISC. At one point I even had an artificial sphincter fitted but it failed and had to be removed. A chance encounter with someone resulted in my trying diapers (or nappies to us UK guys but I quite like the term 'diaper') and they've completely changed my life. I described how I feel about them in the thread that started me thinking so explaining again I'll quote part of what I said below:

"Wearing diapers has seen my incontinence change from being a chore to handle to being a pleasure. So much so that I hate it when the time comes to take my diaper off but love the action of putting on a fresh, dry, disposable diaper. They've become a very important part of my life, not just as a means of dealing with my leaking bladder but also for the physical and emotional joy wearing gives me. I love the physical procedure of changing my diaper and also how it looks on me. I feel content and comforted in my diaper. I don't know if this harks back to fond memories of childhood or not, but other feelings I get are definitely adult. I love the feeling of my 'bits' being cocooned in the soft padding, the pressure against them as my diaper swells, touching it, the bulk between my legs, the rustle of the plastic and, most of all, the feeling as I pee and it trickles over my balls. That's incredibly sensual. They stimulate me sexually, comfort me psychologically, and have made me a much happier guy. I might have started out with different reasons for wearing than most members here, but in two short months I've gone from being an incon guy with a bladder problem to being a full on DL who doesn't consider his incontinence to be a problem but as something I can enjoy. And I'm LOVING it!"

So, I'm wondering if there are others who started wearing nappies for medical reasons only to find they've become a DL or, failing that, why do you wear diapers as opposed to other forms of bladder incontinence control.

Default Incon to DL

I think I may be on my way to becoming a DL eventually, but I'm really not now. Diapers simply are the best way to manage my urinary and occasional bowel incontinence. The security offered from a diaper makes my life so much easier to manage and after 2 bad incidents with bladder control meds I've accepted my diapers as an accessory that I am OK with having around. So I hope that answers your question.

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    I think I may be on my way to becoming a DL eventually, but I'm really not now. Diapers simply are the best way to manage my urinary and occasional bowel incontinence. The security offered from a diaper makes my life so much easier to manage and after 2 bad incidents with bladder control meds I've accepted my diapers as an accessory that I am OK with having around. So I hope that answers your question.
    Thanks for answering, it's interesting to know our different outlook on being padded.

I can't really contribute to your topic since I'm not incontinent (I'm allowed to post here, right?) - but I do find this interesting. I have loved diapers literally my entire life, and I find it fascinating that someone who never gave them a second thought can still grow to love them later on in life, after a medical necessity arises. That makes me wonder, how many 'normal' people may enjoy diapers if they would just overcome the social taboo and try it?

Quote Originally Posted by Albasion View Post
    I can't really contribute to your topic since I'm not incontinent (I'm allowed to post here, right?) - but I do find this interesting. I have loved diapers literally my entire life, and I find it fascinating that someone who never gave them a second thought can still grow to love them later on in life, after a medical necessity arises. That makes me wonder, how many 'normal' people may enjoy diapers if they would just overcome the social taboo and try it?
    I've been wondering that myself lately Dareios but I guess we'll never know. I always thought they'd be cumbersome and totally impractical until I actually tried them and discovered what hidden pleasures they hold. I wish I'd found the joys of diapers years ago but I'm glad they're a big part of my life now.

Default Incon to DL

I'm a little jealous of you guys liking them. Maybe I'll get there in a few years.

My diaper wearing is intertwined in my lifelong urge incontinence, desire to regress and psychological dependence on them. It's all been with me from the beginning and it's definitely a love / hate type of thing. They can elicit sexual pleasure at times and other times be downright uncomfortable. Some days I hate them, but would be sitting or standing in wet or messy clothes otherwise. Other days, I feel like a complete baby and know that was never anything but. Most of the time though, I'm somewhere in between.

I know this. Even if a doctor cured my faulty nerves tomorrow, I'd probably still be interested in wearing them from time to time. On the hand, if I did not have any AB or DL emotional attachments and I was still incontinent, I'd be miserable.

I developed urge incontinence as the result of a surgical misadventure when I was 14 years old. I'm 70 now.

Having to start wearing diapers just as I was starting high school back in the 1950's was a nightmare. I became a fanatic about doing Kegel exercises (although we didn't call it that back then) and got things under control enough that I could generally do without a daytime diaper by the time I went to university. However, my control weakened again as I got older, and I've been back in diapers 24/7 for the past 25 years or so.

The erotic feelings that wearing and wetting a diaper generates were not lost on me right from the start. But the shame factor was so strong that I never really allowed myself to acknowledge the pleasure until much later. Diaper Pail Fraternity advertisements caught my attention back in the 1980's at the time I was having to start wearing daytime diapers again more and more frequently. That was the first time I realized that there were people who enjoyed diapers and wore them for pleasure.

Giving myself permission to acknowledge to myself the positive sensations that diapers produce gradually changed things. And eventually I met and had some good times with diaper buddies.

Over the years, I've belonged to a variety of Internet forums for diaper lovers and incontinent people. Many incontinent people resent diaper lovers because they think diaper lovers give incontinence a bad name. LOL! But I believe becoming able to enjoy diapers is something many incontinent people (men at least) experience. Why suffer from incontinence when you can enjoy it?

Similar, I was born with weak sphincter muscles that result in poor bladder and bowel control(among other problems). Doctors loved to shove catheters in me, and my parents usually used diapers as a mere punishment(coming from the school of thought that if they trained me hard enough I'd become "normal", it's the South) until around High School when they gave up on the subject.

I hate catheters, and diapers are just the best solution for the problem. And the way I see it, you can either embrace your diapers, or fight it and be bitter, and that includes their babyish factor.

So I've gone from hating the fact that I can't toilet train, to embracing the fact that I get to continue wearing diapers and sucking on binkies, and so on and so forth,

I've been in and out of diapers my entire life due to bowel issue. During my teen years I started to enjoy wearing them. I especially found enjoyment in wetting and being wet. So I guess I to made the transition from IC to DL. Now I wear 24/7 and love it