Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We lost our beloved 8-year-old brindle pitbull to cancer today.

Default We lost our beloved 8-year-old brindle pitbull to cancer today.

After receiving a grim diagnosis within the last week, that our dog had cancer in the spleen, and her heart was too weak for surgery, we had to make a difficult decision and let her go to the Lord in peace today. She now suffers no more pain. Please pray for us as we grieve.

Thank you all dearly,

HokieABDL

Default Re: We lost our beloved 8-year-old brindle pitbull to cancer today.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post
    After receiving a grim diagnosis within the last week, that our dog had cancer in the spleen, and her heart was too weak for surgery, we had to make a difficult decision and let her go to the Lord in peace today. She now suffers no more pain. Please pray for us as we grieve.

Thank you all dearly,

HokieABDL
    I feel your loss, animals are like a brother or sister. It seems that they aren't seen that way until they are gone. It can be just like losing a family member. Then we'll be overwhelmed with old memories and missing their good and bad behaviors and laugh and cry at the sametime.

The well of sorrow is only temporary, and is replaced by that which is forever.

My condolences. I've found over the years the loss of a beloved pet harder to take than a close human. Though it seems now a old, dumb cliche time does heal all wounds, You will never forget but the pain will fade and fond memories remain.

Sorry to hear man. It sucks we have to outlive our friends (pets) sometimes, and 8 years is just way too early. My household of animal loving believers will most definitely be lifting it up

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post

Thank you all dearly,

HokieABDL
    i know how you feel just this january i had to put my choclate lab down. it broke my heart as ive had her since she was a puppy and i was 5 when we got her so she been around my whole concious life. my little bro was devastated too as she been his best friend since he was born. iknow its tough to go through but hang in there the pain never goes away but it gets easier to manage as time progresses.

I am so sorry to hear this. It is so hard to lose a pet thet has been so much of your life. I still worried that I put Dakota our black lab down to soon, but when he was having so much control problems at night, and watching him trying to walk in the morning with his bad hips, I knew it had to be done.

Again sorry for your lose.

I know what this feels like as I lost my wonderful dachshund three months ago to the day. The pain is heartwrenching and I never thought it would get better- but it does. Remember the good times. Remember that even if you wonder why it's even worth it to have a pet at all when the end has so much pain, she wouldn't have traded a day of her life with you for anything.

I'm so sorry to hear that it's sad when we lost our pet that love us no matter who we are