Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball season is soon upon us!!!

Default Baseball season is soon upon us!!!

Another season of baseball begins and I am looking forward to the upcoming season; as for which teams I am a fan of- I am a die-hard Cleveland Indians and Philadelphia Phillies fan.

I'm excited about the season; plus I've been greatly enjoying the World Baseball Classic tournament. I admit the WBC tournament has kept me up all hours so I can watch the games live on the MLB Network and some of those games started at ungodly hours. LOL.

I grew up on the Indians and I got attached to the Phils when my parents were living in Philadelphia for a few years. My father started following the Phils so I did too, so we could have something to talk about- so I was wondering; are there any other fans of baseball here?

If you are, what team do you follow and why? The reason I am an Indians fan is cause I grew up 50-odd miles from Cleveland and I still live 50-odd miles from Cleveland! As for the Phillies, that's cause I got attached to them when my parents were living in Philadelphia plus I finally decided on my NL team!

Default Re: Baseball season is soon upon us!!!

I'm a Yankees fan through and through. Growing up it was yanks or cubs and i went with the pinstripes, the Bronx bombers. I get made fun of allot and catch grief all the same, but i won't change.

Default Re: Baseball season is soon upon us!!!

Because red Sox fans and Yankees fans might fight?

I am looking forward to opening day at Wrigley!!!! Of course I don't plan on attending but to see my beloved Cubbies on TV again will be great!!!!! I can only hope that this season will be better than last season and as of now the Cubs are still in it and not waiting until next year!!!!!

My Rangers get to welcome the Astros to the American League West. Can't wait for opening day.

I might go to A's opening day with a friend.

That is all.

Living in Arizona, I am a forced Diamondbacks fan. Though, after a while you really get used to it, and just become a regular fan. I'm one of those nowadays, though our tendency to flip-flop in quality is a tad.. well, it seems all my sports teams do it. I guess it's just the usual for me nowadays. Sort of frustrating though. :P

Still, I guess I can always remember staying up late and watching an Arizona team actually win something once, feels like so long ago now.. well, because it kinda is. xD

I respect that baseball so important to many, however to me it has no appeal.