Thread: Just a shadow fading in

Default Just a shadow fading in

Good morning! I am a little nervous as I'm not accustomed to sharing my love of diapers with others. I started wearing as an adult due to a UTI and loved the comfort, the feel, and the convenience. As a professional always on the go, I find peace in knowing that if I can't get away from an important meeting or still have a long way to drive, I'm covered (;
    While I am often a little too much on the serious side, I love to be spontaneous and love having fun. In many ways, I'm trying to reconnect with those things I used to enjoy when my life was simpler and I was move content. I am relearning to enjoy the simple pleasures that are easily overlooked.
    Among other things, I enjoy cooking, gardening, cross-stitching, writing - creating things in general. Family and friends are extremely important to me. I look forward to making friends with many of you.

ttfn!

Quote Originally Posted by paintedshadow View Post
    Good morning! I am a little nervous as I'm not accustomed to sharing my love of diapers with others. I started wearing as an adult due to a UTI and loved the comfort, the feel, and the convenience. As a professional always on the go, I find peace in knowing that if I can't get away from an important meeting or still have a long way to drive, I'm covered (;
    While I am often a little too much on the serious side, I love to be spontaneous and love having fun. In many ways, I'm trying to reconnect with those things I used to enjoy when my life was simpler and I was move content. I am relearning to enjoy the simple pleasures that are easily overlooked.
    Among other things, I enjoy cooking, gardening, cross-stitching, writing - creating things in general. Family and friends are extremely important to me. I look forward to making friends with many of you.

ttfn!
    Hi and welcome to the site. You've written an excellent introduction. I was wondering, do you still have problems with incontinence, or has that problem corrected itself? As you can deduce from reading the threads on this site, many of us have wanted and enjoyed diapers from an early age, such as myself. I'm always amazed at how so many who enjoy wearing diapers, have different reasons for that enjoyment, and experience them differently from one another.

I must agree with you that finding enjoyment in simpler pleasures is a worthy goal. My wife and I made a sun room out of our porch and since we've let the outside, in, so to speak, I've gotten more into flower gardening, planting around the sun room. I enjoy getting out on my bike during the summer and riding on our scenic bike trail. I am one of many members who has contributed stories to this site, my last one, "The Un-training of Stanley Kaminski". Every year I write a somewhat scary Halloween story. This one was a bit more tongue in cheek, and meant to be a little silly. I enjoyed writing it.

I hope you will feel brave enough to post and become an active member on ADISC. We are a friendly group, and one whose mission is to support one another. Again, welcome.

ttfn!
    Hello, paintedshadow, and welcome to adisc. And please don't be nervous for too long, you're in quite good company here. Why, I remember just how jittery I was when I signed up, but after a short while I felt at home.

Looking over some of the things you enjoy, I find I too have some of the same interests. What kind of cooking do you like to do? Like pro chef pastries or just simple 'feel good food' ? I try to get into the kitchen when I can, which is odd considering I make donuts for a living XD.

I also see you like cross-stitching. Which one - the cloth fabric and floss thread or plastic canvas with larger crochet style yarns? Myself, I prefer plastic canvas with larger yarns....makes it so much easier on my poor ol' eyes and twitchy hands. I also like to crochet and make things with plastic canvas, so that also falls under "creating things in general".

Ahh and onto writing...a personal favorite of mine. What kind of writing do you like to do? Normal literature? *B/DL lit? Magazine/newspaper articles? I find I tend to stick to fictional stories that have pretty much anything - with a few exceptions of course.

Again, welcome to adisc and I hope to see you around.

welcome.

I enjoy cooking to a point I do a lillte bit of catering for a fratrernal organization, but also like to just experiment. My mom does cross stich, but I found that cross stich patterns are easily converted to latch hook rugs which I like to do.

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Hi and welcome to the site. You've written an excellent introduction. I was wondering, do you still have problems with incontinence, or has that problem corrected itself? As you can deduce from reading the threads on this site, many of us have wanted and enjoyed diapers from an early age, such as myself. I'm always amazed at how so many who enjoy wearing diapers, have different reasons for that enjoyment, and experience them differently from one another.

I must agree with you that finding enjoyment in simpler pleasures is a worthy goal. My wife and I made a sun room out of our porch and since we've let the outside, in, so to speak, I've gotten more into flower gardening, planting around the sun room. I enjoy getting out on my bike during the summer and riding on our scenic bike trail. I am one of many members who has contributed stories to this site, my last one, "The Un-training of Stanley Kaminski". Every year I write a somewhat scary Halloween story. This one was a bit more tongue in cheek, and meant to be a little silly. I enjoyed writing it.

I hope you will feel brave enough to post and become an active member on ADISC. We are a friendly group, and one whose mission is to support one another. Again, welcome.
    Thanks, Dogboy. For me, it wasn't so much incontinence as painful urination due to an infection. It was far easier jut to let it flow than trying to hold things back. While this has recurred from time to time, it's not very often. It was just particularly bad that time and let me to something I now really enjoy - diapers. I'll likely start posting more regularly as I get to know people and get a better feeling for the community. I've enjoyed reading the many posts. I'll be sure to check yours out. =)

- - - Updated - - -

I've thought about studying to be a chef, but mostly learn as I go. I love making main courses, especially those that can take a long time. Desserts/candy can be fun as well. I just made some homemade ice cream for the first time using a couple recipes I found online. they turned out better than I'd hoped. When I get stressed or overwhelmed by life, I turn to cooking.

As for Cross-stitch, I prefer cloth. I tend to pick patterns that are rather hard but look more like a painting. I've never been very good at making things easy on myself I have a latch-hook rug kit, but never seem to remember it when I have some free time.

I write primarily realistic fiction, attempting to capture the quirkiness of humans. People can be so silly in their depths of despair, moments of panic or joy, or other strong emotions... I find people fascination. I am always open to writing just about anything, but always try to capture an odd bit of humanity in it. I'd love to write more nonfiction, but worry too much when writing about real things or actual occurrences. Maybe someday....

Cooking can be a fun and relaxing outlet to stress. My daughter and son in law have really gotten into cooking. I enjoy grilling out during the summer, as do our two sons. My kids call me "The Barbecutioner"....haha. I try not to murder too many cuts of steaks.

Realistic and non-fictional writing is always interesting. A lot of non-fiction, great non-fiction, has a way of winning Pulitzer prizes.

ttfn!
    Hi, paintedshadow, welcome to the community. I can understand you being nervous. I joined last month after coming across this site and reading all the great posts and I was nervous too as I usually keep my AB feelings to myself. There are some great people here and I hope you enjoy your stay. See you around the site.
    -11hinzvic

Wecome Paintedshadow
    I too am a new member having come to the site when googling about a small incontinence problem. I quickly graduated from wearing a liner, to pull ups and now dryayz diapers. I too have a stressful job, in project management, and am going through a particularly hard time. The comfort and security of sitting at the computer working in a diaper, relaxing all control, is impossible to describe to anyone that has not experienced it. Total therapy and great to know that we are not alone.

Thanks everyone. You've really made me feel welcome.