Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Need help (Baby pants onesie)

  1. #1

    Default Need help (Baby pants onesie)

    I'm pretty much set on ordering my first onesie from baby pants, but I need help in deciding which size to get.

    I've heard different tips from separate sources on how to correctly choose the right size for a onesie, but I can't decide what to go with and I don't want to be disappointed.

    Some people say that you should order a size above your normal size, to allow for shrinkage. Others have said to just go with your normal size and that the baby pants onesie's are generally pretty generous with their sizing.

    At this point I'm not sure what to do. I wear XL t-shirts, but I don't know if I should go with XXl , or just stick with the XL and hope for the best. Any help/tips for a first time buyer?

    -Ron

  2. #2

    Default

    Ron

    I am 5'7" 175 and I get a large size and they shrink to a nice fit. So I would try one size larger and see what happens. Just buy one onesie and no more that way your not out to much $$$$.
    Hope this helps.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by bn3baby View Post
    Ron

    I am 5'7" 175 and I get a large size and they shrink to a nice fit. So I would try one size larger and see what happens. Just buy one onesie and no more that way your not out to much $$$$.
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you, that does offer some help. It would make sense for me to get the XL because I am 6'3" and around 250 (Although I have a small waist for my weight).

    Thanks! Any other recommendations are welcome!

  4. #4

    Default

    I'm 5'9" and 170 Mine never did shrink that much. They just barely come up to my crotch to hold my cloth diaper and plastic pants that tight.I got
    mine in medium. They do fit good around my waist and chest.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Need help (Baby pants onesie)

    Hi, Ron I somewhat new here, I recently bought a Babypants onesie from Amazon.com (Jungle prints ) anyway I got a extra small and the sizing for that is 5 in for the neck, 29 in from the neck to crotch and 35 inches around the chest . After reading the desription it says that: " the onesie is this size after washing, and that they come 15 percent larger then the size listed before washing after washing it shrinks. Hope this helps!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Need help (Baby pants onesie)

    [QUOTE=ChubbyMower;1028524]Hi, Ron I somewhat new here, I recently bought a Babypants onesie from Amazon.com (Jungle prints ) anyway I got a extra small and the sizing for that is 5 in for the neck, 29 in from the neck to crotch and 35 inches around the chest . After reading the desription it says that: " the onesie is this size after washing, and that they come 15 percent larger then the size listed before washing. After washing it shrinks. Hope this helps!

  7. #7

    Default

    I got my regular size (small) and it's actually a bit big for me. Didn't really shrink too much at all. If I get in it like right after it comes out of the dryer, then it fits, but it always stretches a bit as it cools down.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Ronbeast View Post
    Thank you, that does offer some help. It would make sense for me to get the XL because I am 6'3" and around 250 (Although I have a small waist for my weight).

    Thanks! Any other recommendations are welcome!
    I am the exact same size as you. I thought about getting the 2X

  9. #9

    Default Re: Need help (Baby pants onesie)



    Quote Originally Posted by Ronbeast View Post
    I'm pretty much set on ordering my first onesie from baby pants, but I need help in deciding which size to get.

    I've heard different tips from separate sources on how to correctly choose the right size for a onesie, but I can't decide what to go with and I don't want to be disappointed.

    Some people say that you should order a size above your normal size, to allow for shrinkage. Others have said to just go with your normal size and that the baby pants onesie's are generally pretty generous with their sizing.

    At this point I'm not sure what to do. I wear XL t-shirts, but I don't know if I should go with XXl , or just stick with the XL and hope for the best. Any help/tips for a first time buyer?

    -Ron
    Do not go by someone else's measurements. For your personal enjoyment you should buy a cloth measurement tape(longer than 6feet) found in the Walmart's craft section. Its only $3 and you'll save yourself from getting a bad fit. Also do not go by what shirt size you normally wear. When measuring wear a diaper that you'd want the onesie to fit over. Measure your waist at the belly button, not your hip. Measure length by wearing a shirt and diaper and measure from the back collar, through the crotch, and up to the front collar.

    Don't go by guess decisions as they upset me in the past and I had to learn from my mistakes.

  10. #10

    Default

    Well,

    I have size large...and I feel they are a bit big on me...

    I'm 250# and 72"

    Now I like them snug...

    The 4care ones are a better fit on me...but the bpants are ok and I still use them...

    They run a bit too big in the waist and hips...for my taste...

    IMHO
    B

Similar Threads

  1. Baby Pants Onesie Trick
    By xtrabulk in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-Jan-2013, 20:49
  2. Baby Pants Onesie
    By Piplup in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-Jun-2012, 22:59
  3. Baby pants' onesie
    By Diego in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2012, 05:24
  4. If you're looking for a onesie I highly recommend Big baby boutique!
    By dragsnick in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-Dec-2010, 07:53
  5. Adult Baby T-shirt/Onesie Designs - Need Input!
    By Shukkume in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 17-Nov-2010, 06:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.