Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Body Integrity Identity Disorder

Question Body Integrity Identity Disorder

Seems this has already been discussed to a degree in other threads but I thought I'd bring it up. Also hope its in the right place and mods feel free to move it as appropriate!

Body Identity Integrity Disorder Makes Patients Want to Be Disabled - ABC News

There is also a UK daily (hate) mail article on the subject, where a guy got a free wheelchair and everything on the NHS over it, however I was unable to find the link.

For some people, especially those who have an overwhelming desire to actually be incontinent, its my theory that our ab/dl tendencies may be an obscure and less severe variation of this condition.

If so I'm thinking that we might have a case for free padding via the NHS, possibly mental health services.

Would be grateful for peoples thoughts, and is there a Doctor or a Psychologist in residence who might be able to give an opinion on my theory?

volvic

I think it'll be an incredibly long drawn out process trying to convince Psychologists that you need nappies because of BIID. It will be all over your medical records and anything.

This is actually really interesting. It was nowhere near this degree, but when I was younger I would fantasize about being in an accident or something and having some permanent medical condition that necessitated wheelchair use. The fantasy went away with age and now I am only interested in diapers.

I have always chalked it up to a more general interest in masochism, and I have always thought that to be in some way derivative of my ABDL tendencies (which seem to have come first). Now that I think about it, though, my "masochistic" tendencies and fantasy about injury were never sexual like diapers have been.

It seems impossible to generalize, but I can't seem to figure this as an exact parallel, because the people in this article have fairly literally dissociated from some part of their body. There seems very clearly to be a psychological imbalance here. With me, at least, ABDLism is probably more cognitive.

As for obtaining diapers because of this: I don't know if I'd feel comfortable about this. In my mind diapers are something I want, not that I really really need. I would not personally feel comfortable explaining my ABDLism as a medical condition that needs to be "treated" with diapers.

volvic

Does wanting to be severely mentally handicapped fall under the BIID category because ever since a small child I've envied people who are like that.

It's interesting but for me it's much more interesting from the perspective of being a transsexual, and finding an incongruence between the genitals I have and the ones that my brain thinks should be there. I find it interesting that one of the people mentioned in the article is also transsexual, and another is intersexed.

While there may in fact be a case for it to a certain extent, I'd be horrified if someone from this website went that far, or anyone for that matter.

The NHS is straining to breaking point already - people are dying because of a lack of funds. I'd be really upset if someone thought that their fetish for diapers warranted free diapers from the NHS over vital medication for people that could die without it.

While for a lot of people on here diapers are a wonderful thing that helps them to relax and be happy, I really don't think their needs are anywhere near that of (for example) mutlti-thousand pound cancer treatment, that people aren't getting because of a lack of funds.

Actually, people arn't getting cancer drugs because big pharmacy firms patent their new wonder drugs and fix the prices, once the formula has been perfected its generally pretty easy for a qualified chemist to manufacture pretty much any drug with the right equipment and ingredients. The sort of people who develop these drugs would do it anyway, because they got degree's in that kind of stuff because its interesting.

The NHS isn't collapsing due to a lack of funds, its being systematically destroyed by a rampant tory government, who are currently in the process of ripping the behind out of our country for their own personal gains.

Just incase nobody's noticed, it's not just the NHS thats collapsing, its the entire world financial system, which seems to be backed by our perspective labour, which until things are sorted out people like me are witholding. Oh and the eco system is also collapsing thanks to all the tree's being cut down and turned into things like bills, diapers, and bog roll, along with factory farming.

My view on things is that one might aswell enjoy it whilst it lasts, since its all going to pot anyway, and I'd imagine disposable diapers will be a much sort after commodity for the lucky few within the next 5-10 years if things continue as they are.

Personally I'm going to side with nature, and do my best to put right the wrongs that started with the victorian industrial revolution. And I know I'm not alone.

The Problem it seems is greed.
    Still interesting topic...

I'm sorry, but I find you abhorrant. This is the second thread you've made in two days about what is essentially stealing. The welfare system is set up to help people who cannot afford to provide themselves with medical care (in terms of your previous thread), and you do NOT have whatever crack medical condition you're claiming to now. You need to go and sort your life out. You absolutely must stop trying to find ways to beat the state. Go out and get a (better?) job if you can't afford diapers. Honestly, this is disgusting.

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    I'm sorry, but I find you abhorrant. This is the second thread you've made in two days about what is essentially stealing. The welfare system is set up to help people who cannot afford to provide themselves with medical care (in terms of your previous thread), and you do NOT have whatever crack medical condition you're claiming to now. You need to go and sort your life out. You absolutely must stop trying to find ways to beat the state. Go out and get a (better?) job if you can't afford diapers. Honestly, this is disgusting.
    Agreed.
    I said very similar last night but deleted it as I reconsidered thinking it was a bit too harsh. Now he's still going I'm wishing I left mine there and added a bit more.

Just thought I would say this, too. (Obviously not directed at Talula and rather at Cuddloon)
    And why is the NHS being stretched by the government? Because of people like you who try to sponge all they can out of the system when its not needed! And if it come to the point where you decided to write out a full post defending yourself putting the blame elsewhere you just made it even clearer that its what you are up to.

As Talula said, this is the second thread whining about the state. When there is a system people can benefit from, there will always be people that misuse it in whatever way. That's just the way the world is and we all have to learn to deal with that - or just stop caring about it.

Dude, please go to something constructive in with your life. There are other things to spend your time on when you've got too much of it on your hands...