Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry 24/7 rumors true?

Default Dry 24/7 rumors true?

The search function is being fickle with me- sorry if this has been discussed while I was gone.

From XP Medical:

Update Feb 2013: Dry 24/7 out of stock - now what?

Those who buy this product regularly may have noticed that the Dry 24/7 have been out of stock repeatedly over the past few months. While there are a number of reasons for this, the basic fact is that Dry 24/7 is in the process of moving their production to a new machine and this has taken longer than anticipated. I expect that we will see a re-launch of the Dry 24/7 brand later this year with much improved quality and better delivery times.
    Meanwhile, they're still available on Dry 24/7's website. It's a bit more expensive for the bag, and only a couple bucks more on the case. No news linked on their official site, though. That's kinda weird to me. I bought a case when the rumors first surfaced at the beginning of 2013, and unless they stay stocked at the official site for another month- I probably won't get more.

On another note, they are running low on M4's on XP Medical- but another user pointed me to Bambino selling them now, which is awesome! I'm pretty sure they're in between shipments or something on XPM because Gary seems very up-front about sales and inventory.

Seriously! How are they gonna make it better? I know I heard in the rumors that they lost their machine- so maybe it's less about improving and more about just keeping production running?

The only thing I could think of is adding a waistband up front.

wounder way the dry 24/7 dont have info about this on there own website.

Maybe they are going for cloth-backed diapers =D
    Ok, that was not funny..

Quote Originally Posted by koda42 View Post
    Maybe they are going for cloth-backed diapers =D
    Don't play with my emotions like that! :p

I got my auto shipment of Dry24/7's on the 26th of Febuary from XP Medical. My next scheduled shipment is the latter part of April. My ideas on
    this is the factory in Isreal can't keep up with production as demand increases. Gary told me on the phone last Dec. Dry Care is to open a plant
    in the US this spring. I'm sure XP Medical is able to keep supplying their commercial accounts as that's where the big money is. I think anybody
    that's on XP Medical's auto shipment plan like I am are getting their diapers.

Default Re: Dry 24/7 rumors true?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    wounder way the dry 24/7 dont have info about this on there own website.
    Gary from XP Medical has always find answers when people ask whats going on. He was one of the people to let us know about how Abena was abandoning their plastic backed line of diapers. They always try to keep people up with what companies are up to for many different reasons. XP loses business when products they sell aren't available.

XP is my trusted source for adult diapers outside of Bambino products. They are always on top of things and will take a bullet when some products are defective and replace products and go the extra mile to satisfy customers.

Its not like ABU when they run out of products and give you no real information other than "sorry we're sold out."

XP has always carried top of the line incontinence products for good prices and for people that look for them. You look at most medical supply companies and they carry poor brands.

XP has always been for the customer and they give high quality service.

Default Re: Dry 24/7 rumors true?

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I got my auto shipment of Dry24/7's on the 26th of Febuary from XP Medical. My next scheduled shipment is the latter part of April. My ideas on
    this is the factory in Isreal can't keep up with production as demand increases. Gary told me on the phone last Dec. Dry Care is to open a plant
    in the US this spring. I'm sure XP Medical is able to keep supplying their commercial accounts as that's where the big money is. I think anybody
    that's on XP Medical's auto shipment plan like I am are getting their diapers.
    Just wanted to add that if Dry Care indeed opens a factory in the US, that it should become cheaper due to the shipping fees being eliminated.

My understanding is that XP is out of stock already, even for those of us on auto-ship. I was able to order directly from dry 24/7 but they didn't answer my questions about how much stock they had. Gary said that they were in the process of moving production to the US. Previously, they were renting someone else's machine so they had to bring in all their own materials, get everything setup and run. I think they were starting to save diapers off the line before everything was dialed in do I was noticing that some cases were wonderful and others didn't seem to have the same capacity. I also found cases where the significant numbers of the diapers had side panels glued to the diaper in a way that removal would tear a hole. Still other cases, I found holes in the diapers direct out of the package. So according to Gary, the promise of moving production here is an increase in quality and consistency. They are wonderful when they're done right, but problematic when there are surprise holes.

Here are pictures from a case in August 2012. Obviously an extreme example, but all ones I received in a single case. Luckily Gary replaced the case promptly. http://www.flickr.com/photos/6721201...7631164878334/

Oh, and due to the higher labor costs here, I doubt we'll see a decrease in price. Hopefully there won't be an increase.