Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ps4 or xbox 720?

Default ps4 or xbox 720?

which one are you getting?

If I had the money I'd go for the Xbox. I was impressed with the 360 and tended to like the games put out for it better than the PS3. I had a better handle on games released for the 360 than I did on the same games for the PS3 (I noticed this even with Xbox vs PS2, some PS2 versions were unwinnable! ), and if they keep that up, I'd definitely give them my business again

Default Re: ps4 or xbox 720?

Quote Originally Posted by Deer View Post
    If I had the money I'd go for the Xbox. I was impressed with the 360 and tended to like the games put out for it better than the PS3. I had a better handle on games released for the 360 than I did on the same games for the PS3 (I noticed this even with Xbox vs PS2, some PS2 versions were unwinnable! ), and if they keep that up, I'd definitely give them my business again
    I have to say the only thing that PlayStation has over Xbox is the built in bluray player. After many bad experiences with the PlayStation 2, ask the replacements that I had to get, I bought Xbox and never replaced it. I also hate the controls with shooting games. Why add triggers to the PS3 off they aren't ever used. Xbox definitely has better controls.

Xbox exclusives usually don't interest me. I'll choose a PS4, but probably not for a few years. My Gaming PC and WiiU should keep me going for awhile.

Chances are since i had Xbox since the first one im going to stick with them.

Ps1 & PS2 skipped the ps3 because there was not much difference in the games and and cost a lot more. I don't watch movies that much so the blue ray was not much of a big deal to me and now with everyone streaming movies whats the point of spending extra just to play blueray. PS4 better have something completely different from Xbox for me to get one.

Nither! The first SKU's of 360 and PS3 had unacceptable failure rates.

What consoles have over PC's:
    lower graphical detail
    hardly any mouse and keyboard support
    ZERO mods
    horrible internet browsers
    more 10 year old kids in online games blowing out your speakers with their screams when you kill them in CoD/Halo/FPS Flavor of the Month Club Game!
    Companies (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) that don't give two flying shit's about you before or after you give them money.
    Console exclusives that only server to segment the gaming industry and spawn legions of fanboys who have a IQ lower then that of Forest Gump

First, it's a question on money. Me and my fiancee finally found money for a PS3 eighteen months ago. I'm not buying a new console until there's a need. IIRC, PS3 cost me in the $200 range and I bought a PS2 at launch for $300. The main reason I use consoles over computers is that I don't have money for a gaming rig. I don't buy consoles until they're acceptably cheaper.

Second, it'll come down to titles. PS3 had a horrible selection of titles. Most can go into one of three broad categories:

Shooters: I mean this in a broad sense of FPS-style games. Classic shooters (and series) like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Metal Gear Solid, Just Cause, but also games like Assassin's Creed and God of War. I also put Skyrim in here given that it isn't really driven by a strong central plot.

Sports: Self-explanatory.

Misc: Little Big Planet, Katamari, etc

What's missing is the adventure games. I can think of Final Fantasy and... that's it. If Sony can tell me that there's going to be 5-10 games in the lifespan of PS4 as the flagship console (say, 5-7 years) where the plot is what drives you play instead of the gameplay, I'll pre-order today. Sadly, I don't expect that. I also like strategy games, but those have always been the purview of consoles. It's ok, so long as computers continue to run Rome: Total War for me.

I think I got the 360 because it was cheaper at the time. For a time I was interested in Halo and Gears of War. My younger brother ended up getting really into Halo, so he became more of an xbox fan than I did.

Now my main interests are in Bethesda games, Elder Scrolls and Fallout. So I don't think I would get either of the next gen consoles, I'd just get a computer that could run those more comfortably than my current one (which actually can't run Skyrim). Bethesda games just become awful if you play them too much, especially on consoles, because you will just keep noticing all of their glaring shortcomings that are so easy to ignore when you first play them. So yes: I want mods.

If I have to choose a next gen console, PS4. My greatest regret in going from PS2 to 360 was the loss of Ratchet and Clank...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverKnow View Post
    If I have to choose a next gen console, PS4. My greatest regret in going from PS2 to 360 was the loss of Ratchet and Clank...
    I got a PS3 black friday 2011 and still haven't played any of the new R&C glames. (All 4 One is shit)

uh Xbox hands down with out question. WHY would i want to blow $400 on a new console that cant play previous generation games (SONY) just to have to spend another $300 on a PS3 as well as another $100 on a PS2 just to play all my games. the PS3 is as far as im goin with sony since i am fortunate enough to have the first gen that is capable of playing PS1, 2, and 3 games. Sony is dying they are seriously loosing the console war to microsoft, the 360 is going on 8 years old alot older than the PS3 and still going. Sony hasnt been able to catch the 360 with the PS3 so now theyre releasing the PS4 prematurly to try and beat microsoft to the chase only to allow microsoft to see their next gen console ahead of time allowing microsoft to make one better. Sony is following in microsofts bad foot steps and releasing a system prematurely as microsoft did with 360.