Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from somewhere in Southeast Asia!

Default Hi from somewhere in Southeast Asia!

Hello, everybody it's my first time of being here and I have to introduce my self, right? (i'm sorry if my english is not as good as yours, it's not my native language)

I'm about to graduate from my high school into university (yes, we have no colleges here except if you want to transfer to another colleges/universities outside the country). The thing is, I'm not quite happy with it :/ my parents forced me to take the majors I'm not interested to :/ and I hope I would survive

Originally, I'm not a DL. My boyfriend is. He confessed about this stuff a year ago. At first, I was pretty shocked because I thought these things did not exist. But as the time goes by, I can accept that side of him and I can actually begin to like it. Now I just want to understand him more and..well.. I looked into this community and I thought "wow, they're really kind, it would be great to be here".

But to be honest, since I was a kid, I always wonder what is it like to sleep inside a crib. I love to look into cribs LOL. And since my boyfriend introduced me into this stuff, I think I like to be "take cared".

I was a gamer, but I'm not into warcrafts or something. Just pokemon and several RPG online games (ragnarok online etc. i guess you wouldn't know about thr others .__.) I'm also interested in studying biology. I love it when biology periods come, but (unfortunately) I'm not wiling to be a doctor, and other science degree beside engineering is not being appreciated in my country.

Well, that's all I can write, I guess. I'll answer each question you ask on my best!

and well folks .. i am her boyfriend that she was talking about :p

Hi, Calliope, and welcome.

Umm...just curious...are you two (Calliope & Dyml) Muslim...or...other? I'm a Muslim, and I know there are a few others on the site.

Warsaw39

Greetings, Calliope! I am from the USA. Might I ask what your country is? No need to be shy, ADISC has members all over the world. Perhaps, if it would help, we could communicate in your native language by using online translators.

It's so exciting to have a couple on ADISC! Early today, I invited my boyfriend to join ADISC, now I am waiting for him to join. Welcome, both of you. Enjoy your time here.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    Hi, Calliope, and welcome.

Umm...just curious...are you two (Calliope & Dyml) Muslim...or...other? I'm a Muslim, and I know there are a few others on the site.
    well.. what makes you thing we are muslims, if I may know? .___. we're Christians, actually. But the majority of people in our country are Muslims, so we're surrounded by Muslims and we're find with it nice to meet you, by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by StormDL View Post
    Greetings, Calliope! I am from the USA. Might I ask what your country is? No need to be shy, ADISC has members all over the world. Perhaps, if it would help, we could communicate in your native language by using online translators.

It's so exciting to have a couple on ADISC! Early today, I invited my boyfriend to join ADISC, now I am waiting for him to join. Welcome, both of you. Enjoy your time here.
    well, I'm from Indonesia. ahh, my english is bad, isn't it? I'm sorry, I'm still in the stage of learning Most of people in this forum are from USA and UK, am I right? So maybe I could improve my knowledge at this moment
    wow, I thought we're the only couple here .__. well, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ausguy78 View Post
    Hi and welcome and how nice to see a couple here
    hi thanks!

Warsaw39

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    well, I'm from Indonesia. ahh, my english is bad, isn't it? I'm sorry, I'm still in the stage of learning Most of people in this forum are from USA and UK, am I right? So maybe I could improve my knowledge at this moment
    wow, I thought we're the only couple here .__. well, thanks

hi thanks!
    No, not really. Your English is fine, I can understand you. It's just that most people are more comfortable communicating in their native language. But then again, practice makes perfect - you will get better with English the more you use it.

well, it's okay I have to prove my own English. And they said that it's not very easy to learn my language .__.

Hey ya and welcome,

nice to see another girl, which started to like ab/dl stuff through her boyfriend.

I was a gamer, but I'm not into warcrafts or something. Just pokemon and several RPG online games (ragnarok online etc. i guess you wouldn't know about thr others .__.)
    I'll bite, what's the name of the other games?
    Some years ago i played a lot of noname rpgs too. Can't say i didn't enjoy them, the small communitys are the most friendly, in my humble opinion.

Hello, everybody it's my first time of being here and I have to introduce my self, right? (i'm sorry if my english is not as good as yours, it's not my native language)

I'm about to graduate from my high school into university (yes, we have no colleges here except if you want to transfer to another colleges/universities outside the country). The thing is, I'm not quite happy with it :/ my parents forced me to take the majors I'm not interested to :/ and I hope I would survive

Originally, I'm not a DL. My boyfriend is. He confessed about this stuff a year ago. At first, I was pretty shocked because I thought these things did not exist. But as the time goes by, I can accept that side of him and I can actually begin to like it. Now I just want to understand him more and..well.. I looked into this community and I thought "wow, they're really kind, it would be great to be here".

But to be honest, since I was a kid, I always wonder what is it like to sleep inside a crib. I love to look into cribs LOL. And since my boyfriend introduced me into this stuff, I think I like to be "take cared".

I was a gamer, but I'm not into warcrafts or something. Just pokemon and several RPG online games (ragnarok online etc. i guess you wouldn't know about thr others .__.) I'm also interested in studying biology. I love it when biology periods come, but (unfortunately) I'm not wiling to be a doctor, and other science degree beside engineering is not being appreciated in my country.

Well, that's all I can write, I guess. I'll answer each question you ask on my best!
    Hey there! Your English is actually very good and your post is completely readable.

That is too bad about your majors. Am I right to infer that your parents are getting you to do engineering when you would rather study biology? Would it be possible to pick a division of engineering that is very related to biology? I know from the basic experience I have in both of those areas that it wouldn't be the same, and I'm not sure what you like in biology, so I'm not sure what that would be exactly - but think about it. Engineering can be multidisciplinary with the other sciences.

I love Pokemon. What is your favorite Pokemon? Version/generation?

Welcome to ADISC! Very cool that you gave your boyfriend a chance and are exploring.