Thread: Diapers and the Myth of "Unpotty Training"

Default Diapers and the Myth of "Unpotty Training"

Hello Noodle Here!

Today I noticed a thread about someone wanting to wet themselves during their sleep.

Now many things pop up when you see and read these kind of threads. Some people react with telling the person that most methods that will guarantee success are dangerous to the person and should be avoided. This is advice that should be taken seriously since its what you should be listening to but then on the other end you get people who try to find ways or even lie about how to lose control or just enough to wet the bed. These are the things you should try to ignore.

* Wear a diaper every day and just hold it in till you burst, continue and you'll eventually lose control.
    > Whats wrong with this is the fact that you are forcefully holding in urine in your bladder that might lead to a bladder infection. Left untreated you might lose control but this is self harm and something that should not be taken seriously.

*Magic Medicine O:
    > Can't tell you how many times I've seen these kind of things. "Take x this amount of times" or "Using this will...." to promote loss of control. Not only is this wrong but harmful. First off you shouldn't be using any kind of medication unless you actually need it and if you don't need but know it removes control or such then do you really need to question it?

*Hypno-Tapes
    >First off Hypno Tapes just sounds like a easy attempt at taking money from people who are desperate enough to get something. Please just ignore these because they're not gonna work at all folks.

Really the only way you can say you're gonna wet without "knowing" is by being IC and trust me that is one situation you do no want to be in. Diapers will be fun of course at the start but when it becomes a daily chore rather than a desire it'll lose its thrill.

No one can truly lose control without the means of bodily harm once they have been potty trained. Now if you come up to me and say "I have been wearing diapers 24/7 and I go without notice now so Ha! I am unpotty trained you doubting liar!" then Ill react with my most common response to the Forced IC threads I see. One does not lose control when you go 24/7 rather one conditions the body to note that during the moment that a diaper is being worn that the need for going to the bathroom is no longer a issue since it can easily relieve itself into the diaper but when the diaper comes off the body will just adjust to alerting the person to go to the bathroom. Really this is the only true way of wetting the diaper with no real notice but even then you feel the diaper being used and will know that its happening. Bed wise it probably wont happen but like I said the body will know that when the diaper is on it can let go so it can happen but no diaper will always mean you being alert that you have to go or the body will hold till you're awake so you can actually go to the bathroom itself.

You will always have your control and not wet without knowing but that's a good thing. It means you can actually ditch the diapers when you feel like wearing briefs/boxers/panties/birthday suit with no worries.

I've read in people's 24/7 journals where they claim to not notice wetting and messing after certain periods of time. That said, wanting the ability to lose control is a form of control in the end. For me, I'd like my wettings to be enjoyable and not a panic so to that end I'm getting my body to wet smaller amounts more frequently. Anyone who advises holding it until no longer possible is asking for a lot of physical and emotional damage IMO. Maybe for some who are strong-willed enough it might work, but everyone should listen to their own body. The name of the game should be to 'go when you need to go' anyway, if not already

Quote Originally Posted by IDriveOn2Wheels View Post
    I've read in people's 24/7 journals where they claim to not notice wetting and messing after certain periods of time. That said, wanting the ability to lose control is a form of control in the end.
    Personally that sounds more like they have gotten used to letting go when diapered than not noticing meaning that when they go it doesn't really feel strange to them so it just feels like an everyday thing that shouldn't bothered with till it really becomes evident aka rash or smell wise.

I think a number of us would like to be able to "go" in our sleep when it's convenient, but wouldn't want to lose control the rest of the time. I've gone a couple of times in my sleep, though I've woken as it's happened. It was an incredible experience for me, but it's only happened a couple of times in the last four years. Conversely, I'm glad that I have control because I sleep with my wife, often un-diapered, and we also visit at our daughter's house, so losing all control would not be desirable at all.

Though I love to regress and wear diapers, I'm very glad that I'm continent. The last thing I want in my life is to have to always wear a diaper and risk having leaks in public. I think I also enjoy wearing diapers because I don't have to wear them, and I have more days not wearing than wearing. When I do wear, it's special, and I know I'm going to deliberately regress, sharing the experience with my wife. She thinks I'm silly, but she loves me and supports me.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    * Wear a diaper every day and just hold it in till you burst, continue and you'll eventually lose control.
    > Whats wrong with this is the fact that you are forcefully holding in urine in your bladder that might lead to a bladder infection. Left untreated you might lose control but this is self harm and something that should not be taken seriously.

Agree with Noodle. Please, don't hold until you burst. My uncle had a prostate problem that kept him from emptying completely. The constant urine back up caused kidney damage. Please, stay safe.

Not to mention, people have died by continuing to drink water after their bladder is full. I don't think this is quite the extent that those with this mindset/goal go to, but who knows. If you think that it's a good idea to keep drinking water until you physically cannot hold it... you may encounter immediate health risks before accomplishing your goal.

Well, to correct the OP... you can lose bladder control. It takes a long time.

You cannot permanently lose bladder control, unless you do something incredibly stupid and damage your body, or acquire some illness or defect.

If you lose bladder control, it is very easy to re-train yourself. Over time, you de-condition your bladder muscles through atrophied, and they become ineffective. Re-training reverses this by simply exercising those muscles.

Most will only achieve limited loss of control. Waking up wet and having no recollection of the event is a common middle ground. That is a loss of control which occurs over time, by deconditioning bladder muscles.

The couple incontinent episodes that I have had were not fun. All involved copious amounts of alcohol and water (because of dehydration) and unfortunately, only half the time a diaper. Wet matresses suck. While two occasions did include a diaper, they were quite pleasant to wake up to. Still, this is a destructive behavior, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. I reccomend being content with regression as others have on this thread already.