Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boots the chemist UK, own brand adult nappy.

TheArtist

Default Boots the chemist UK, own brand adult nappy.

I tried some of these the other week, felt very very thing, thought they would snap, bust open, fill on the first, and send wet down my legs on the second, but I must say I was quite shocked!

They didn't, NOW many many moons ago, one of the first adult nappies I checked out was a Boots, I was sent it by an *B friend in the mail, it was very nice, then they stopped making ones with tapes! (belted things urgh)

well the tapes are back, and they work, now they are thin, but they do crinkle, I think it might well be an ideal, I want to wear, but maybe not wet, and I wanna leave the house and do stuff diaper,

So I thought I'd share that for the UK *b/dl on here

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering if these would be worth bothering with in a pinch.

PaddedPuppy

You can still get both the belt style 2 tape ones (7.39) or the slip style 4 tape ones (8.99) and both come in packs of 10, and are on a 3 for 2 offer now (usually always are) They are just attends diapers rebranded into smaller packages to make some more money. If anyone remembers the diapers they sold at Lidl last year, 56 for 10... they were the same attends diapers, except Boots only sell 10 of them for 8.99.

They aren't bad. In some ways I prefer them over Tena slips as the plastic on Attends is softer and much more comfortable on my sensitive skin, but it means I'm going to change 1 or 2 more times than I would if I was wearing a diaper with higher capacity like Abena M4, Tena slip maxi etc. Although they do work quite nicely doubled up to increase absorbency and thickness.

For anyone buying them, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE PACKAGING, they are almost identical to the pullups and night pants, so if you aren't careful you will get the wrong product.
    If you want the 7.39 2-taped belt style diapers, look for Staydry Pants. Green packet with an orange stripe on the front saying one size. The pic on there shows a 4 tape diaper, which is not what you really get inside.
    If you want the 8.99 4 taped ones, more like traditional adult diapers, get 8.99 Staydry slip. Those ones are easy enough to pick out as they are the only ones at that price.

TheArtist

Treacle your profile almost reads like you are a pro AB nanny, you should be fully stocked / experienced with everything really :P

and PaddedPuppy why would you want the belted ones, they are not cool but yes, u need to look at what you are buying closly, not always doable for the paranoid in a rush :P

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtist View Post
    and PaddedPuppy why would you want the belted ones, they are not cool but yes, u need to look at what you are buying closly, not always doable for the paranoid in a rush :P
    The belted ones are more comfortable to wear if you are doing something like riding a bike, climbing or running. There is less to rub, and it gives a bit more freedom to move. I agree they don't look great but they can be useful.

TheArtist

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    The belted ones are more comfortable to wear if you are doing something like riding a bike, climbing or running. There is less to rub, and it gives a bit more freedom to move. I agree they don't look great but they can be useful.
    I suppose if you are IC then that's a good thing, but I'm not, I'm DL and I LIKE to know I'm wearing, it's like fitting a collar to the slave, not to tight, not to loose, so they never forget they have it on

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtist View Post
    I suppose if you are IC then that's a good thing, but I'm not, I'm DL and I LIKE to know I'm wearing, it's like fitting a collar to the slave, not to tight, not to loose, so they never forget they have it on
    I'm both IC but still also ABDL, I enjoy wearing for reasons too.
    I like to know I am wearing and think thicker is better. But when you are climbing wearing a diaper, you will quickly feel it getting uncomfortable from the rubbing and soon get a rash where the skin breaks.

DL or IC, I doubt ANYONE likes getting a painful rash.

TheArtist

that's why we use creams and powders silly rabbit! we've all had nappy related rashes I'm sure

PaddedPuppy

Cream doesn't do much for me, especially not in those circumstances. So I have to find other ways around the problem.
    And rabbit? Interesting (and random) assumptions. So far you decided Arlikra is a girl and I am a rabbit... I would love to know how you come to these conclusions.

EDIT: Okay, before this thread gets totally derailed lets stop. I been back on adisc for less than a day and already destroying people's threads...

TheArtist

Stalking me I see and rabbit a general thing for silliness no need to be hostile, Vaseline can reduce chafing of materials on skin while you are physically active, depending on the level of IC, I'd say wby not use pads for when u are really active, if it's got to be a full nappy, then maybe put some vaseline on the areas what get sore from the nappy cutting / rubbing etc