Thread: Home made cloth nappy

Default Home made cloth nappy

It's finished! I was expecting it to take me a month but it only took three days.

It's comprised of a printed cotton outer layer with two layers of fleece inside. Between the two fleece layers is a pocket that I can insert a cloth or disposable booster pad inside. I used a Tena slip as a template and it fits well but in retrospect I think I should have made the front tabs longer, and I will do that for the next one (I have enough fabric left to make at least one more).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cloth 1.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	16318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cloth 2.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	16317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cloth 3.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	16319

Photos show nappy with 6-layer terry booster pad inside. It's very soft and comfortable to wear.

I'm not even into cloth diapers and this looks soooo cozy and comfy. You did a fantastic job. Love how you thought to add a place for boosters. If it was me I'd use velcro instead of pins, but I know pins are an item of fond memory / comfort for many.

You did great they so plush and soft I'd wear them and I like plastic back diapers, so that's saying something.

I'm using pins because I hate sewing, and adding velcro means more sewing.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    I'm using pins because I hate sewing, and adding velcro means more sewing.
    i sympathize, but have you not thought about afixing a [semi]permanent elastic to the rear wings (from wing-to-wing, and then to tuck the front under the elastic when fitting), possibly using Prym fasteners?
    Attachment 16347

nice work, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    i sympathize, but have you not thought about afixing a [semi]permanent elastic to the rear wings (from wing-to-wing, and then to tuck the front under the elastic when fitting), possibly using Prym fasteners?
    I'm not sure that I understand what you're describing here. Would the elastic be stitched to the ends of the rear wings? One piece of elastic connecting them? Where would the fasteners go?