54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nostalgic Kids stuff

18 33.33%
  • Modern Kids stuff

7 12.96%
  • Mix of both

29 53.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer modern or older childish things?

Default Do you prefer modern or older childish things?

I was thinking about this today and I wondered: Do ABs prefer modern kids shows and things or more nostalgic ones from their original childhood?

When I'm getting into my AB-side of things I'll get my binky and watch kids shows and whatnot. But I'll primarily watch things from my own childhood, like the Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Sonic SatAM, the occasional Blues Clues or Sesame Street, etc.

I don't really get into modern kids shows as much, like Dora the Explorer, and I was wondering if that was the same for ABs or not?

I think that modern baby stuff is mostly über cute so I guess modern

I like kicking it old school with old shows like The wild thornberrys, catdog, hey arnold, rocko's modern life, rocket power, rugrats, etc. I still enjoy legos, but on a much more advanced level, mainly rc vehicles and robotics.

With me it's definetly a mixture but I most lean modern. One of my favorite things is Strawberry Shortcake, and I love both the older and modern incarnations of her.. all different but all wonderful. Then Lalaloopsy, one of my favorite modern things.. is being given a TV show! So excited, so that's another modern thing.. though I love the feeling of an older idea of what a little girl enjoyed and watched.. I'm loving the stuff they are making for girls like me these days too! I would have to say I lean more modern, because my favorite things have been made in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by DeftLeppard View Post
    I like kicking it old school with old shows like The wild thornberrys, catdog, hey arnold, rocko's modern life, rocket power, rugrats, etc. I still enjoy legos, but on a much more advanced level, mainly rc vehicles and robotics.
    Oh yes, catdog... I almost forgot but oh that's not for babies.... Correction childish things OK then yeah for cat dog and Ren and stimpy and sponge bob lets not forget Spongebob... Hi Patrick hehe

someone told me that catdog was controversial as a cartoon when it was on tv. I was watching episodes on youtube the other day and noticed that one person commented that his parents grounded him for watching it.

Babyloony tune's old and new stuff what ever comes on and I like it.

I put both but I really love very old school like the original Looney Tunes and Disney cartoons.

Yep, old school...

Wile E Coyote!
    Flintstones.
    Bugs...
    And how about fat Albert...and scoobydoo.

Quite a few things mentioned as old I've never heard of...

Then again that was 35 years ago for me...

B