Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Gallon Smashing" Video Goes Viral!!! Funny or Crime?

Default "Gallon Smashing" Video Goes Viral!!! Funny or Crime?

Just read this Yahoo! article on a prank that went viral on the Internet.

"In the original video, the three Vienna, Va., teens - Zayd, Faysal and Omar Khatib - film themselves carrying milk containers in supermarkets. They pretend to trip and fall, sending the gallons of milk crashing to the floor, with dramatic results. Supermarket workers and shoppers who don't know it's part of a prank rush to help the seemingly injured boys as they flail about in the spilled milk."

The video was originally uploaded on Youtube, but it was soon deleted from their own Youtube channel. There are concerns on whether it was intended to be funny or whether it was destruction of property because someone has to clean up the mess. Please share your opinions on this.
    'Gallon Smashing' Prank Videos a Hit but Raise Legal Concerns | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

Here's a reupload of the video:
    Gallon Smash Prank! [Original] - YouTube

If they're comedic actors, they should be doing this in their own space with milk they have purchased and then they can do the clean-up. Pratfalls can be funny if done well, but it isn't their milk or their space and they're creating a (small) hazard and work for others.

Default "Gallon Smashing" Video Goes Viral!!! Funny or Crime?

to answer the question, why can't it be both? Just because something's a crime doesn't mean it isn't funny. it just means you're not dumb enough to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    to answer the question, why can't it be both? Just because something's a crime doesn't mean it isn't funny. it just means you're not dumb enough to do it.
    This, also I think it's worth noting that a documentary on hunger in America came out today.

Personally, I really don't find it that funny.

Tricking other people into thinking you've injured yourself is kinda a cruel way to have fun. And making a huge mess that someone else is going to have to clear up... just seems a bit childish and bratty (ironic coming from an ABDL, right?!)

Kind of difficult to say, in my mind it seems like criminal damage but at the same time things break all the time in supermarkets albeit this is pretty much always an accident. They're arseholes for making a mess on purpose meaning someone is going to have to clean up after them but it could be difficult to convict them of anything depending on the laws in their state.

People who do this kind of things are ass holes. they make someone else clean it up. Do they have no sense of respect?

Destruction of property. Why is that not obvious to anyone over the age of 15?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Kind of difficult to say, in my mind it seems like criminal damage but at the same time things break all the time in supermarkets albeit this is pretty much always an accident. They're arseholes for making a mess on purpose meaning someone is going to have to clean up after them but it could be difficult to convict them of anything depending on the laws in their state.
    Hey everybody, I just spotted a brit! Don't move! Their eyesight is based on movement!

Haha Just reminds me what I did at the restaurant. I broke nothing but made the waitress dang near shit her pants lol. There was a beware wet sign and it was dry and I yell whoops. Made my self look like I was falling and part way down still balance on one foot and said "GOT YA" I never even touch the ground.

I don't know, I feel disgusted when I watch gallon smashing, more because it very directly preys on the sympathies of those present than because it destroys property (which I agree it does). Someone who is kind enough to help out a person who seems to have fallen is used against their will and essentially mocked for an internet trend. I don't see the humor.