Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with crossdressing?

Default Help with crossdressing?

Hey all, I really do love women's fashion but I find myself rarely wearing girls' clothes because I really feel like I just look dumb in most girls' clothes... Most likely because they're not MEANT for boys!

I'm really looking for some advice on how to shop for girly fashions that maybe tone down my masculinity and make me appear more feminine! I hate the whole 'broad shoulders in a not so well fitting girl's shirt for the sake of crossdressing' dealio, but I can't really seem to avoid it without knowing where to look for the right clothes. If there's anything more specific I should be addressing, let me know! I'd love to find a great outfit that really makes me look and feel good in it

TLR - Halp, halp! I look too much like a dude for my liking sometimes :C

I have to say my biggest advice is to start small. Wear simple shirts that could be uni-sex, but have a feminine edge. Match that with normal socks and perhaps slightly girly shoes.. and a skirt! I find that it's easier for your legs to look good then the rest of you, so skirts are totally a-okay. I'm not saying you should never wear the really girly stuff, but starting small and being a bit more subtle with your crossdressing not only can help you look more natural, but easily more believable too.

I always got seen for the girl I was inside when I did this sort of thing, rather then go overboard. ^_^

I suppose it depends on how far you want to take it, yeah it's tough when you have the objective of passing to the outside world. I have to limit my public wearing to things like Gigglemuffins said - in my case it's things like all black long sleeve shirts that have a decidedly feminine cut to them, yoga pants and Danskin sneakers. This getup affords me a sense of stealth, that I'm getting away with wearing the 'wrong' clothes in public. My brother sometimes notices certain elements and attempts to shame me. I can pass this off as 'work clothes' and customers haven't complained to my face, co-workers accept it as part of my idiosyncracies. Cold days give me the excuse to wear leggings or tights under Dickie pants or sweats. What kills me though is I'll never be able to rock a heavenly pair of flats or MJs with this system.

This is just my workaround, it might help if you arrive at a place where the feeling of what you're wearing trumps the look, but off the top of my head I'd say poofy things might cover up problem areas

I agree with gigglemuffinz and I also advise to start slow but I'm thinking smaller like starting out with bras and panties. As for outfit wise I would think a skirt or a shirt like a blouse. Having a PJ's is also not that bad of a start for wearing to bed and around your house. Start small and build upwards from there. I still don't own a lot of girls clothing but I am also liking how they look on me, just take your time and eventually you'll see that you will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by EDnDM View Post
    Hey all, I really do love women's fashion but I find myself rarely wearing girls' clothes because I really feel like I just look dumb in most girls' clothes... Most likely because they're not MEANT for boys!

I'm really looking for some advice on how to shop for girly fashions that maybe tone down my masculinity and make me appear more feminine! I hate the whole 'broad shoulders in a not so well fitting girl's shirt for the sake of crossdressing' dealio, but I can't really seem to avoid it without knowing where to look for the right clothes. If there's anything more specific I should be addressing, let me know! I'd love to find a great outfit that really makes me look and feel good in it

TLR - Halp, halp! I look too much like a dude for my liking sometimes :C
    hello;
    i was waiting in hopes that that a good friend of mine (who i see as expert in this field) would see this and answer your inquiry. i will try, but i have been hesitant as most of my answers are geared for folks who have the will and where-with-all to actually change their physical body to become more feminine over time. that is where most all of my past experience lies...

however, i do have one very good offering that was never available to me years ago. but is both very available and affordable to my sisters today. apparently, there are a great many specialty companies on the net that advertise custom made (fitted to your dimensions) dresses in very cute styles. some are called "lolita" dresses, but i have seen them in many cute styles. the benefit of these dresses would be that as they are made to your "male" dimensions, they would look and fit much better than dresses that were made to fit the feminine body-shape.... and i will add that while many of these custom dresses are pretty "outlandish looking" and not to be worn in every-day situations. i have seen a few that could be said to be more normal-ish looking... and as such, less of a fetish outfit. some of them would even pass for 80's goth and as such i would have gone clubbing in a few of them back in the day.....
    bellow, please find the link to one such place. there are many more that ADISC members can help you with i am sure;
    Fanplusfriend Garden

a little tip;
    while short little skirts and dresses may look adorable and show off what ever is under-neath ever so well (tastelessly i might add).
    nothing beats a long flowing graceful skirt when one is either trying to hide their sins (ugly legs, lack of hips or lack of grace), or simply with to pass a little better/easier in polite society......
    Last edited by littlelodgewrecker; 03-Mar-2013 at 04:02.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    There's always Crossdressers.com
    I would add Susan's Place Transgender Resources for Transsexual/Transgender Communities as a resource, but warn you some folks there don't like the term sissy.
    Try looking at what to wear for girls with your body shape.
    I have had things altered by a seamstress so they fit my shoulders, and my waist, because i am a 0-3 size bottom and a 8-10 size top. MEH what a lucky guy i am, meh.

I love to cross dress. I am also hesitant to go to cross dressing forums or groups. I noticed one thread here that is
    named cross dressing or something like that is closed. One cross dressing site I belong to one only said something is
    not right with no explanation, so I had the picture removed and have not posted a picture or commented there since.

Quote Originally Posted by bashfulsissy View Post
    I love to cross dress. I am also hesitant to go to cross dressing forums or groups. I noticed one thread here that is
    named cross dressing or something like that is closed. One cross dressing site I belong to one only said something is
    not right with no explanation, so I had the picture removed and have not posted a picture or commented there since.
    Threads are automatically closed here a month after the last post. Although some posts do get closed early by staff, those are more generally obvious in their nature as counter to the purpose of the site and when it's harder to see, the closure is often accompanied by an explanatory post from staff.

I have dressed on and off for years. If you are looking to be passable you have to forget the really girly clothes we all love so much and just go simple. Find a nice pair of pants that fit and good bra and simple blouse. Obviously the face is the hardest part. Its almost impossible to be completely passable without some female help with makeup. I had to use a wig as my hair is too short and I think it is what kept me from being more passable. i suppose if I grew my hair out that might have worked but also would have interfere with my 'regular' persona.