Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tax return

Default Tax return

what are you going to do with the money you get back from the government? I am going to buy my first case of diapers online

Default Tax return

Its going to my bank account. I don't really have cash flow limitations right now, so its going to stay more or less put until I have to pay tuition in a few months.

Also I am annoyed at the lack of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Also I am annoyed at the lack of interest.
    Lack of interest in what might i ask?

im going to buy a 60 inch flat screen tv and some diapers of course

Default Tax return

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabi View Post
    Lack of interest in what might i ask?
    Lack of interest on the money the government graciously borrowed from me. Tax returns aren't the government giving you money, its the government returning you money they owe you, without interest. Not a big deal, but lets not pretend its some sort of windfall.

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    im going to buy a 60 inch flat screen tv and some diapers of course
    i want a new tv but with me only working part time being a student and all i am only getting like 300 something back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Lack of interest on the money the government graciously borrowed from me. Tax returns aren't the government giving you money, its the government returning you money they owe you, without interest. Not a big deal, but lets not pretend its some sort of windfall.
    this is the truth if they want to borrow money they should have to pay interest jsut like the rest of us have to do on our loans i am paying to go to college with loans that i will be paying back with a lot of interest you are right there should be interest on Tax returns

I didn't get my federal tax return yet but I think i'm going to use it at Pax East 2013. If I still don't get it by then, then I might just save it for now.

Sadly, my tax return is negative this year. I tweak my exemptions almost yearly to keep my tax return as small as possible, but that means I occasionally screw myself a little bit when I sell stock or have other sporadic income.

Moving in-state. Been stuck in a place that my caretaker/partner/cat just can't stand, and we've basically been saving for years to get out. With the money we are getting back with this tax refund, we will finally be able to go somewhere she'll be happy and not a very grumpy kitty. Which will make me very much happy too.

Sometimes you can buy at least a little happiness, is the moral of this story.

For the last several years, we've had to pay. We just don't have enough deductions.