Thread: hello from TrixiePixie

Default hello from TrixiePixie

Hello! I am a college student that loves science, particularly environmental science. When I graduate I want to work with lakes and streams in MN doing water quality testing and monitoring, as well as shoreline restoration.
    I had been curious about diapers for quite some time, but it was only two years ago that I worked up enough courage to buy them. I have worn them periodically since then, during the day at school or at night at home.
    Some other interests include playing volleyball and exercising. I love dancing and singing. I also really enjoy camping and exploring the outdoors with my husband. I am a huge environmentalist and I truly enjoy everything nature has to offer us.
    I came to this website for many reasons. Since I still am pretty new to this lifestyle it has been hard for me to accept the fact that I really like it. I'm looking for a supportive place to ask questions that will help me accept and embrace this part of my life. Also I have told my husband that I like wearing them, and initially he was weirded out but he now accepts the fact I like it, but I Am seeking advice to help him embrace this part of me too.
    I am really exciting to have found this site and I cant wait to start talking!

Quote Originally Posted by TrixiePixie View Post
    Hey there TrixiePie and welcome to ADISC! Your intro was lovely, thank you so much for taking the time to write it out. It's really wonderful that you shared some really neat things about yourself, I'm so sure you are going to be a great member for this place.

What got you first interested in environmental science? Seems like such an interested field, though I just am so curious what sparked your passion for it? What about volleyball makes it fun for you? Do you have some favorite music?

I'm so glad you came to this place, and I do think this place can give you support and if you are looking for it, acceptance. I think the biggest thing is to be true to yourself, whatever makes you happy is something worth accepting in my opinion. I'm sure plenty of people will be able to assist you, all you have to do is ask! There are plenty of forums for you to post some questions you have, but this site is full of very supportive people. I hope you are happy to be one of us, and perhaps you can pass on the support and love that I'm sure you'll receive.

We're excited to have you! Have a whole lot of fun!
    Last edited by gigglemuffinz; 01-Mar-2013 at 02:14.

Howdy and welcome to ADISC! You've come to the right place. I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of interesting topics to engage in. There are knowledgeable, friendly, experienced people here on the forum who can help you with your questions and concerns.

As for your husband, my advice is to have patience. You're over the toughest hurdle, which is just telling your spouse and having them accept it. However, I know first-hand that it can still be quite a leap from reluctant acceptance to happily embracing and possibly enjoying it. Take it easy and you may be pleasantly surprised by his demeanor in a year or two.

welcome to the site. Its nice to read that you care for the environment and all the outdoors. Dont worry the day will come when your husband just smiles and tells you how cute you are in your diapers.

Go Environmental Science!! I just graduated last May with a BS in Environmental Science, so I share your passion. I work with water quality a few hours from Minnesota in South Dakota. I'm glad you decided to join the site. Good Luck working things out with your Husband. I told my wife a couple of years ago and we are working it out too. My piece of advice is move slowly and don't over do it. That was my biggest mistake. Anyway, welcome to ADISC.