Thread: What to replace Abena Abri-Form M4's with now they're no-longer plastic?

Default What to replace Abena Abri-Form M4's with now they're no-longer plastic?

I ran out of Abri-Form M4's with the plastic back and needed to find an alternative. I thought I'd share my findings with others who are maybe in the same position.

I ordered from Save Express in Germany and bought a variety of alternatives:

Tena Slip Maxi
    I knew these are reliable and have worn them before. They're still plastic backed and have excellent absorbancy.

NEU Kolibri Comslip plus
    These are being marked up by Save Express as being the Abri-Form replacement. On first impression they look very similar and do seem to be a very good alternative to the M4's.

Forma-care X-PLUS Slip Gr.M , Nacht , blau
    Also very good, on first wearing they're very comfortable and didn't leak. I think these are my favourite alternative so far.

Kolibri Comslip Supra Gr.M
    Cloth-backed, I bought these as their absorbency was rated at 4000ml which seemed a lot and therefore worth experimenting with.

I've only tried one of each so far, so it's too soon to decide what I'll re-order. They all seem pretty comparable to the M4's though. Mostly the same size and comfort, not quite as thick as M4's but as effective and leak-proof.

I'll post an update once I've formed a better impression :-)

What's everyone else moved to in the absence of M4's?

xpmedical in the USA still sells the M4 in plastic back. They will ship internationally but the shipping cost must be a lot.

Abri-Form M3's are also sold out with plastic backing, very disappointing...
    MancDL, I agree with you: Forma-Care make absolutely good diapers. I like the blue ones, I actually ordered the same as you did. Very good and comfortable diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by pjd7 View Post
    Wait, are they not making the plastic backed m4 anymore?
    Nope, their not and tens slips both maxi and super have gone cloth as well, unless it's old stock
    and lile and depends i think you can still get abri form comfort in plastic just not the premioum absorbency model

the only diaper brands that are still manufactured plastic back are the coloured ones

purple for molicare and vlesi

green and blue for that brand thats based of nasa technology

anything thats white has gone cloth unless you want to go for ABDL centric brands like ABU

Quote Originally Posted by Veljie View Post
    Nope, their not and tens slips both maxi and super have gone cloth as well, unless it's old stock
    and lile and depends i think you can still get abri form comfort in plastic just not the premioum absorbency model
    In the US, you will be able to buy the M4 and L4 in plastic backing indefinitely, as they decided to continue production of these products for the US market. Everyone else in the world is SOL from my understanding (unless you want to buy internationally).

In the US, the only performance brands (in the medical market) with plastic backing, are Molicare Super Plus, Dry24/7, M4/L4, Tranquility ATN, and SPC X-plus.

In the UK the Tena Slip Maxi are still plastic backed, and are a great alternative to M4. They are my favourite, they absorb loads and have an excellent fit on me (I like that the sides ride slightly higher, they seem to stay put much much better when moving around) but they just aren't as bulky as an M4.

I also liked the Forma Care's MancDL reccomends (Forma-care Slip Gr.M ,Extra Nacht ,dkl.blau) and also the Forma-care X-Plus Slip Gr.M ,Nacht ,blau - they are both plastic backed with super soft plastic and quite bulky.

Another good alternative is the Molicare Super Plus, seems to get mixed reviews on here but I've never had a problem with them. They're plastic backed, purple, bulky and absorb loads. They fit like an M4 as well, quite wide with large coverage area.

The Tena's and Molicare's are easily available from UK suppliers and Save Express too which is great for those of us here.

Thanks for the tip about Kolibri Comslip

I switched from Abena to Tena Slip Maxi when the rumours were first confirmed. In the UK the Tena Slip Maxi is still plastic backed and I've not heard anything to suggest that's going to change in the near future. They're a very absorbent, reasonably priced and fairly discreet diaper. I'd recommend giving them a try if you can get them.

Good Morning,

Thank you for the below email.

The plastic backed range has been discontinued across the whole of the Abena Group, in all Countries, some sites may still have stock left which is how your friend may have been able to purchase them.

We only have the 2 ranges available in the Abri Form, Comfort (textile back sheet with breathable side panels) or Premium (breathable back sheet).

The products have been altered slightly as the elastic has been taken out of the back panel and put into the side tapes allowing a better fit. There has been no other changes to the products so they should not be tearing or leaking.

If you require any more information or would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service Team on 0800 052 1165.

Kind Regards

Lauren Hinton
    Junior Accounts Manager
    Direct : 024 76 854 800
    Fax: 024 76 854 840
    Mobile: +44 (0) 7989151607
    e-mail: [email protected]