Thread: Question(s) about onesies (tag: tight, leak, fitting)

Default Question(s) about onesies (tag: tight, leak, fitting)

Hi Folks,

first of all, i do apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed yet the way I am trying to do now, but I was a litte tired from searching the symbolic needle in the haystack

There are plenty of topics concerning onesies, leakages and diaper fitting, but I have not found yet a satisfying answer to my problem.

Obviously I have not found the perfect size yet, because when I use a onesie over my disposable diaper, I always have the impression, that my genitals are squeezed towards my groin region, although I have probably 1/2 inch space between buttons and diaper.
    This results in wetting mainly the front area of the diaper. The urine has no chance to get in the rear area of the diaper which would explain the leaking.

So I wonder how a onesie should fit... Granting some distance between the buttons and the diaper should prevent the tight fit.

I do not remember the company, but they sell kind of extensions in order to make the onesie larger. I thought about that, but this was either a canadian or american company... In europe, this seems a little harder to obtain.

In summer I am going to the united states again, so I was wondering if there are real stores, where people can try on some onesies to find the perfect fit. That would make things much easier, because internet purchase is quite a size gambling.

Has anyone else discovered that leak issue, despite of wearing a onesie one size larger than normal?

thanks in advance
    chris

The purpose of an adult onesie is to support the diaper and to fix it in place - they're sometimes marketed as 'fixation clothing' for that reason. They have to be fairly close fitting to achieve this, but not so tight that they cause the diaper to function worse than it would without it.

It sounds like your onesie might be a little bit too tight. Your description also makes it sound like you might have a bit of a 'positioning' problem. To make the best use of the padding you need to be pointing downwards. If you can't do that comfortably then the onesie (or the diaper) is too small.

Thanks for the answer.

If I may repeat one of my questions above:
    Is there a real store where you can try a onesie on?
    don't get me wring. I don't expect a "Baby-World" Or abdl Shop on the 5th Avenue, but maybe there is a store, obviously no fetish store, but just an ordinary store selling everything including onesies for adults

I am sorry if that Sounds like crap, because it is very difficult to form that question in my native Language. And then translate it...

Thanks for the patience in advance

I don't think such a shop exists I'm afraid, although it would be nice if it did!

Default Re: Question(s) about onesies (tag: tight, leak, fitting)

Quote Originally Posted by dpl1983 View Post
    Hi Folks,

first of all, i do apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed yet the way I am trying to do now, but I was a litte tired from searching the symbolic needle in the haystack

There are plenty of topics concerning onesies, leakages and diaper fitting, but I have not found yet a satisfying answer to my problem.

Obviously I have not found the perfect size yet, because when I use a onesie over my disposable diaper, I always have the impression, that my genitals are squeezed towards my groin region, although I have probably 1/2 inch space between buttons and diaper.
    This results in wetting mainly the front area of the diaper. The urine has no chance to get in the rear area of the diaper which would explain the leaking.

So I wonder how a onesie should fit... Granting some distance between the buttons and the diaper should prevent the tight fit.

I do not remember the company, but they sell kind of extensions in order to make the onesie larger. I thought about that, but this was either a canadian or american company... In europe, this seems a little harder to obtain.

In summer I am going to the united states again, so I was wondering if there are real stores, where people can try on some onesies to find the perfect fit. That would make things much easier, because internet purchase is quite a size gambling.

Has anyone else discovered that leak issue, despite of wearing a onesie one size larger than normal?

thanks in advance
    chris

No physical stores exist to my knowledge. If I were you, you should buy a sewing style measuring tape, perferably one that is more than 6 feet in length. It should be rather easy to find. Then you can measure yourself and find the best size for you. I ordered my onesie from babypants yesterday. I used the cloth measuring tape to measure waist, chest, legs, arms, and length. To measure, you should wear a diaper. To measure length, wear a normal light weight shirt, and measure by passing the measuring tape from back collar, through the legs, and up to the front collar. Divide the number in half for your result. When choosing a onesie, look at the size chart on the website and compare and get the size that best fits you. When you measure waist, measure around the belly button, not the hip (Use this for diaper sizing as well). To measure chest, measure from the crevice of your arm pit.

This way you won't waste money and you will have something that fits.

What kind of diaper are you wearing? Are you sitting down when you wet? Do you have one of those onesies made partly out of spandex? If your onesie is so tight that your pee doesn't move, you need a looser fitting onesie. Onesies aren't designed to pull and keep the diaper on tightly. Its supposed to help reduce sagging and support the weight of it so it doesn't fall down and end up in a leg hole.

You may also want to check out the "Properly Putting a Diaper On", in the articles section of this website.

I used the cloth tape measure for when I ordered (my wife ordered) from Big Baby Boutique. I was very pleased with the fit. Measuring correctly is important to get a good fit. I would agree that it has to be close fitting enough to do a proper job of supporting the diaper, but not so tight as to be uncomfortable. I've found that there is very little leeway between the two.