Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else watch "The Walking Dead"?

Default Does anyone else watch "The Walking Dead"?

I guess the last thread about this got closed...sooooooooo anyway....I just started watching this since around Christmas (maybe a bit after)...had to play catch-up with the first 2 seasons. I was hooked from the very first episode. Amazing show!

I also love the Facebook App "Walking Dead Yourself"

I zombiefied myself (although I see myself more like Andrea....if I were to pick a character from the show.

and my grandkids...which of course I can't post here...although they turned out GREAT!! If anyone wants to see how they turned out send me a PM and I'll link ya up to their zombie pics. They're freakin' awesome (if I do say so myself)

Yeah I watched the first couple of seasons. The first ended a bit disappointingly and the second was slooow. We don't have TV at home so will consider borrowing the DVD of the third season when it eventually comes out. To be honest though. I'm kinda tired of the zombie-gone-mainstream thing. Back in the days of Romero it was a pretty cool niche-concept (end of the world, shock-survivalism, your real enemies are the other non-zombies, etc etc.) but Pretty much ever since Shaun of the Dead (which, ok, was superb) I feel like it's one zombie-thing after another. Zombieland, I Am Legend (face it, they weren't really vampires and it wasn't anything like the book!), The Walking Dead, 28 Days/28 Weeks Later, the new Evil Dead, that charlie brooker one (Dead Air, was it?), that new film about a zombie with a crush (i forget its name); not to mention all the games. Modern Warfare (zombie mode), Left 4 dead 1&2, Doom 3, Res Evil's seemingly-never-ending catalogue, etc. etc.

The only horror sub-genre that's even-more creaky is the vampire-movie... I wont even go there!

Sorry, I don't mean to be cynical, I'm just a bit bored now! It's done and dusted! Give me something new Hollywood!

I've watched every episode thus far, I think season 3 is the worst as of yet mainly since Rick is pretty much throwing everyone out of the prison. Yet hasn't kicked out Micheonne despite he's pretty much said time and again he wants her out?

Tyreese and friends, your gone!
    Daryl and Merle Dixon, your gone! (Spoiler from last episode their back.)

I'm rather surprised he hasn't taken his own infant daughter and punt her over the fences yet.

ah, I think i'll give up on it then. 2nd season was a big let-down. I think my infatuation with the zombie craze is spent! Now, back to my main crazes (minecraft and boardgames haha!)

I love The Walking Dead! Any show that is sort of like a soap (continuation of the story each week) is awesome! Breaking Bad is another awesome show!

I have not seen the show, but does the comic count, because I have pretty much read most of it. Although the two are very different, with only minor similar details. Although I have heard the show is excellent so I may have to try it, for myself, although I agree with thedlguy that Breaking Bad is good too (if not better)

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaur View Post
    ah, I think i'll give up on it then. 2nd season was a big let-down. I think my infatuation with the zombie craze is spent! Now, back to my main crazes (minecraft and boardgames haha!)
    Noooooooo don't give up on it yet...it's just starting to get 'good' again. (although I was kinda disappointed with how Sunday night's episode ended *grumble grumble*)

Quote Originally Posted by Naleas View Post
    I have not seen the show, but does the comic count, because I have pretty much read most of it. Although the two are very different, with only minor similar details. Although I have heard the show is excellent so I may have to try it, for myself, although I agree with thedlguy that Breaking Bad is good too (if not better)
    NOT...COMIC...*sends "walkers" after Naleas*...Graphic Novels. :P

Seriously tho'...you should watch it. You can catch up entirely (from season 1 episode 1 until the most recent episode) here: Project Free TV They also have lots of movies on that site, too...and other shows, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post

NOT...COMIC...*sends "walkers" after Naleas*...Graphic Novels. :P

Seriously tho'...you should watch it. You can catch up entirely (from season 1 episode 1 until the most recent episode) here: Project Free TV They also have lots of movies on that site, too...and other shows, of course.
    I have been on that website before, and can you please remove the link, that site is illegal. (But it is good). And I am sorry you got offended over the (Comic vs graphic novel) word lol, personally I think anything that is drawings with some words that is not Manga is a comic, whether it has a story or not.

Default walking dead season 3

What are your thoughts and last Sundays episode?

Hard to comment without giving away the entire episode (to those who've yet to see it...episodes air a week later in the UK, for instance).

In general, I think that Season 3 started out on a bit of a whimper...so I'm hoping it will gain some momentum...this past week's episode is a step in that direction

I'm not really sure what I think about the episode as a whole...but...I do think it is an advancement (story-line wise). At least Rick seems to be in a better state (mentally)...loved the scene with him and Carl.
    I wasn't 100% pleased with the ending...but I'm hoping it was just a sort of 'cliff-hanger'. Have to wait 'n see what happens next week.

ps That Michonne girl (with the sword) is spooky as he**...I think I'd be more afraid of her than I would be of the "walkers".