Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissapointed with Baby Dry S6

Default Dissapointed with Baby Dry S6

So today I went to the store to purchase my first pack of Pampers Baby Dry size 6. It's the first time I buy diapers from the store not online and.. I almost got caught by 2 of my cousins on the way back.. or so I think. I double bagged outside the store but they were still visible if inspected carefully. I also bought a pair of pacifiers. My first pacifiers!

Back to the topic. I read here that Baby Dry 6 were the same size as Cruisers 7 just thicker, which was great since I was looking for a thicker diaper... but once I opened the package it was actually way thinner. Almost half has thin as the Cruisers 7. Less stretchier sides and smaller over all. Just wasn't what I was expecting. Have any of you been disappointed like me?

My trick on getting diapers at the store was buying something else like gel and then have a list on paper that had the diapers on a list so that people would think someone else sent me to the store lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggu View Post
    My trick on getting diapers at the store was buying something else like gel and then have a list on paper that had the diapers on a list so that people would think someone else sent me to the store lol.
    That's exactly what I usually do!

Quote Originally Posted by NoMasPantalones View Post
    That's exactly what I usually do!
    You're adults. No one (in the general public) care's what you buy.

Default Re: Dissapointed with Baby Dry S6

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    You're adults. No one (in the general public) care's what you buy.
    This is great advice. Cashiers don't really care.
    Also those are baby diapers, of course they will disappoint you. You sound as if they are "supposed" to fit you. if you can wrap Pampers 7s around your waist, you should comfortably fit into a larger Goodnite.

Cruisers absorb less than Baby Dry. They keep making baby diapers thinner and thinner. Your old cruiser pack probably aired up with slight fluffiness compared to something you pull from a fresh pack.

Still you should wear Goodnites or Underjams.

Not one time will a cashier ever think "that grown man is buying baby diapers. I bet he's going to go home and wear them."

Regardless, they make baby diapers to be thin, not thick, while still maintaining absorbancy for that of an infant/toddler's bladder, not that of an adult's.

Back to the topic. I read here that Baby Dry 6 were the same size as Cruisers 7 just thicker, which was great since I was looking for a thicker diaper... but once I opened the package it was actually way thinner. Almost half has thin as the Cruisers 7. Less stretchier sides and smaller over all. Just wasn't what I was expecting. Have any of you been disappointed like me?
    The dimensions are nearly identical, but yes, Baby Dry is less stretchy. Still unsure about the size thing? Here's a gif. (Tape placement always varies a bit, as you'll see.) Regarding thickness: You have to be careful what you compare. The first Baby Dry diaper out of the bag will be a lot thinner than the Cruisers diaper taken from a half-empty bag. These diapers expand A LOT when they're allowed to! If you don't want to wait, unfold the Pampers, set your dryer to low/no heat, and put them in for three minutes. You may be surprised.

EDIT: I should add that my own anecdotal evidence suggests that these diapers absorb much more rapidly after they've been allowed to expand or have been fluffed up a bit -- probably not super important for a normal baby, but if you're a big baby then you need all the help you can get! Just be sure that you don't fluff them up too vigorously or for too long, as otherwise the core of the diaper will break up and get all clumpy.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 23-Feb-2013 at 04:09.

Thanks Cottontail! They do feel a lot better than Cruiser's when wet. Love your avatar!!!

yes id agree that they are disappointing, I recently bought some on a random impulse when at the store and thought they might be fun - i think they're just a bit too overly designed, very thin with an odd gritty feel when dry and an unpleasant green color allover the inside.. ew. So whilst they are probably great for actual babies they dont have any classic/retro appeal. I should have stuck to my previous choice - Sainsburys own brand size 6 - theyre larger, cheaper, thicker and a more simple classic design. (oh and probably only available in the UK, sorry)

No way! Baby diapers that don't fit adults?! Insane!

@naughtybrat
    do they have any crinkle?

@FanFan
    Thanks for you great contribution... My waist size is 27 1/2 in or 28 in(?) so adult diapers wont fit me. Adult diapers are 32+ inches. Plus, I only like baby/toddler diapers.