Thread: Larger Shield Nuk 5

Default Larger Shield Nuk 5

So I've had a regular Nuk 5 for a while, but I find the shield too small. I mean, if you look at a baby with a pacifier it covers much more of their face than a Nuk 5 on an adult. The Nuk 5 shield isn't much larger than a regular baby pacifier shield. Personally, I think it just needs about 3/8" on each side, plus 3/8", maybe a little less, on the top of the shield under your nose. It doesn't need to be much, just a slight change and it would be perfect.

So, does anyone know of larger shielded pacifiers? I thought I'd seen pictures of some larger ones before; it looked much too large, but it could have been custom. I MAY be willing to pay for that.

Some home modification have also come to mind, particularly using heat to slightly stretch an existing shield. I'd be concerned about the latex/silicon becoming warped, so I'd also want to see if that could be removed at home. Just in case anyone had any experience with that...

Thanks.

The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature pacifiers (6-18M) Stage 2 have a larger shield and I really love it. I was the same as you, I wanted something that was babyish but had a shield bigger for an adult baby. These are sold at Babies R Us and I have also found them at Target stores. The nipple is also larger than a baby's (not sure that it's the same size as a Nuk 5). It is a silicone nipple, but they last a long time.

Hi,
    I am trying make larger shield, but I need more time. Do you have some dimensions of it?

Quote Originally Posted by babygary View Post
    The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature pacifiers (6-18M) Stage 2 have a larger shield and I really love it. I was the same as you, I wanted something that was babyish but had a shield bigger for an adult baby. These are sold at Babies R Us and I have also found them at Target stores. The nipple is also larger than a baby's (not sure that it's the same size as a Nuk 5). It is a silicone nipple, but they last a long time.
    Thankyou, I was also looking for something like this too. I think the Nuk 5 is a little larger than the Tommee Tippee one. I will get the Tommee Tippee at Target if they have them if not I will to go Babies R us store. I have the Nuk 5 from baby-pants.com and I like it. But I want to try different ones too.

For me, I dont know maybe I am different but I dont mind the smaller shields of a nuk 3, and the larger red shield looks really disgusting to me, in my opinion. But I would also suggest the Tommee Tippee for the bigger shield.

I just got a Nuk 5, pacifier with big bird on the shield...very babyish, not medical looking.