Thread: Hello - Very New and Need Some Advise

Default Hello - Very New and Need Some Advise

Hello - I have been asked to be a Mummy for a AB......Im fine with this request however, when he asked me my charges I was stumped!! Im not sure what A Mummy in the Uk would charge?
    Kind Regards for any advise and really sorry if I posted this in the wrong place
    x x x

Default Re: Hello - Very New and Need Some Advise

I am not sure that the members here are going to be able to help you with that query tbh, but welcome anyway.

Countdown

if he is desperate enough, you can maybe charge as much as you want...

welcome, welcome

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post
    Hello - I have been asked to be a Mummy for a AB......Im fine with this request however, when he asked me my charges I was stumped!! Im not sure what A Mummy in the Uk would charge?
    Kind Regards for any advise and really sorry if I posted this in the wrong place
    x x x
    Hello Daisy and welcome to ADISC! As someone mentioned, I'm not sure how much people here are going to be able to help you out with your question, because I don't have the faintest bit of knowledge on your situation, but I do really want to mention that it's very nice of you to be understand and fine with someone wanting to do that sort thing. It's very kind and open-minded of you, which means a lot to some.

I hope you continue to be involved in the community, because we always love caretakers on here... to support and to support back. This is a support community after all.

If it's something you feel like, telling us more about yourself would be amazing. Like your interests, what you like and dislike, your favorite food.. wonderful places to start there!

HEllo DaisyDaisy
    Welcome to our group. I was not sure what is ment by charges, but by some fluke I was watching a old movie last night and was with my mommy and your thread came to mind. It is a lot to be asked to be someones mommy. IF what I think I understood from this movie is right then what he is asking you is how much of a mommy are you willing to be. Since I just told my wife that I am a AB/DL I am real concerned with what she is willing to accept, tolerate and have patience doing. So "communication" is the most important and there needs to be a diolog about wants and needs. THe most important thing with my wife and I is boundreys and respect. So to me your first charge is to have the right to say NO. Then your second right/charge is the right to say OH HELL NO. I can go on but for once in my life I will shut up and say talk to each other and understand what each outher in comfortable doing and respect that.

Good luck and enjoy. I was suprised at what my wife felt about the situation and I respect her view.