Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG I need advice so bad...

Default OMG I need advice so bad...

My father walked in on me in the midst of being in only very thick diapers... and there is no chance he didn't see. He walked in, looked right at them and walked out and left... I don't know what to say or do. I am so scared. I am currently unemployed and living at home since I graduated. What if he throws me out? I have no where to go...

For starters, I'm very sorry you are being put in a position where you are so frightened. No one should have to live in fear, especially from those they love.

I'm going to try to give some advice, but I'm not really an expert and I don't know the situation and I admit my advice might be bad.. but here I go.

When did this happen? If he hasn't brought it up yet, he might just be trying to avoid talking about it too. Just a sort of pretending it didn't happen, which everyone does sometimes. If that's the case it might be best to just let it settle and just avoid letting it happen again so he can pretend it didn't happen. Though, even if they do bring it up my biggest piece of advice is very much, avoid letting it happen again. Obviously whatever happened I can't know for sure but I'm assuming that you sort of slipped or took an unnecessary risk. If you are unemployed and still relying on them for even basic necessities, you have to respect the rules of their how and how they want you to conduct yourself in that house. Do not risk your health and a roof over your head for this sort of thing.

If they do talk to you about it, and not just avoid the situation.. I hope they are understanding and try their best to allow you to have your own privacy in your personal space in the house. Talk to them in a mature way and explain yourself in a calm manner.. try not to let yourself get too emotional or irrational. Listen to their issues without judging them, or yelling, or attacking them. I hope you and your parents can find some sort of middle ground, or a peaceful resolution to it either way. If they really just don't want you to do it in their house, it would probably be best to promise not to until you can get a job and have something to fall back on.

I'm sorry times are tough for you right now, I hope you pull through it.

Without knowing more about you and your family, it's hard to give good advice. Step one is basic: don't panic! You seem pretty certain about what he saw and you're probably right but don't discount the possibility that he just saw you in "underwear" and didn't process more than that. If he did understand you were wearing a diaper, the most likely expectation will be that you need them, and that's a whole different conversation from liking them.

There's always coming clean, but from how you've stated your concerns, you don't seem to think it would be well received. My only real advice is not to do anything about it. Let him say something rather than acting on what you think he thinks. Do consider what you can say (and live with) if he does want to talk about this.

It happened right before I posted this. I sort of freaked out. I have calmed down now. I am just going to pretend it didn't happening and hope he does the same. If he does ask, I guess I will just explain it is a way i relieve stress, and try to understand. I have a lot of stress right now, and it helps to be able to release it. My dad isn't normally one to freak out over things. Even when I finally came out to him he was fine with it. I'm hoping he does the same now and just gives me my space.

If he was supportive of you coming out then that is a good sign, no guarantee that he'll accept this but it puts you in a much better position than some people would be. Your idea is probably the best on to be honest, keep it on the down low and if he confronts you then tell him the truth and see what happens. Chances are he won't want to talk about it either so you may be in luck.

he came home today and has said nothing about it. We have had our usual conversations and nothing is weird at all so maybe he just let it go? I know he saw it... maybe he chooses not to believe what he saw?

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by camlilone View Post
    he came home today and has said nothing about it. We have had our usual conversations and nothing is weird at all so maybe he just let it go? I know he saw it... maybe he chooses not to believe what he saw?
    think this is the way to go... jus ignore the subject... no need to bring the skeletons outta the closet if they can comfortably stay in there... good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by camlilone View Post
    It happened right before I posted this. I sort of freaked out. I have calmed down now. I am just going to pretend it didn't happening and hope he does the same. If he does ask, I guess I will just explain it is a way i relieve stress, and try to understand. I have a lot of stress right now, and it helps to be able to release it. My dad isn't normally one to freak out over things. Even when I finally came out to him he was fine with it. I'm hoping he does the same now and just gives me my space.
    you know....
    it's been my observation that men (especially middle age to older men) in general often times have a good deal of personal experience with "kink" of many sorts that you might never expect. it tends to be in the nature of men not to share that "kink-experience" with family and friends. so it could be very likely that your father did see you in the full glory of your diapers, and having some prior knowledge-of, or exposure-to, said kink; and of a mans need for some personal private time (alone with their choice of kink).... you father is simply leaving his son "to-it" as he would want if it had been him in your place.... a fathers respect for his sons sexual kink in acknowledgment of your adult manhood. not unlike a right of passage maybe....

a lot of assumptions on my part.

Cherub

being unemployed can sometimes be beyond someone's control. It can happen to anyone really, and without notice. The point of concern that come to mind first is: Unemployed usually means no income. How then are you getting diapers? IF anything I would venture to guess that might be a point of contention. We also have no idea how long you've been unemployed nor how your unemployment occurred.

In any case, since you're living in their house while being unemployed, you might have to give way to their request/demands for certain things or cessation of certain things. In any case let him be the one to bring it up, but in the meantime be calm. If he does talk to you about it, be honest. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    being unemployed can sometimes be beyond someone's control. It can happen to anyone really, and without notice. The point of concern that come to mind first is: Unemployed usually means no income. How then are you getting diapers? IF anything I would venture to guess that might be a point of contention. We also have no idea how long you've been unemployed nor how your unemployment occurred.

In any case, since you're living in their house while being unemployed, you might have to give way to their request/demands for certain things or cessation of certain things. In any case let him be the one to bring it up, but in the meantime be calm. If he does talk to you about it, be honest. Good luck
    I graduated college in May and then finished an internship program Jan 2nd, so now I am just unemployed. As far as where I get the diapers, I built a stock pile before losing employment... Plus some money on the side helps buy some cheap depends...