Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Star Wars....

Default New Star Wars....

So I just realized there's no discussion anywhere here about the buyout of lucasfilm by disney / new star wars announcements / harrison ford rejoining the cast / etc. etc. etc.

What gives? Were the last three films so bad noone's interested anymore?

For my money...

The last three were so bad I *want* another three just to see if they can wash the bad taste away. Plus, a chance to see an old, grizzled Han Solo. That could be awesome.

Thoughts ?

Old grizzled Han Solo.... Not likely CGI. I think...lots of CGI...honestly, could you ever recapture the brilliant innocence of the originals?

It has been discussed, just a long time ago in a thread far far away. It was discussed right after the buyout happened.

In all honesty Disney can't do any worse with star wars than Lucas did. I also don't really understand the huge following of star wars either. Maybe it's something beyond the movies that I'm missing. But the movies don't do much for me in terms of being a "great" film.

I really wish Disney would just focus on new people rather then try and get anyone back. Han Solo sucked pretty hard for what little he did for the plot.

Let's see he... shot two tie fighters down and spun out vader and then gets frozen... okay. Yep, not a big role at all. For everything else Han does, literary anybody else could have done. Hell even shooting vaders tie fighter wasn't skillful at all, he just dropped in behind him and used computer assisted weapons.

I recently found out that George Lucas actually owns the majority of Disney's Stock, so basically he just sold himself his own franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by NyanFloyd View Post
    I recently found out that George Lucas actually owns the majority of Disney's Stock, so basically he just sold himself his own franchise.
    Since when the hell is 2.1% a majority?

george-lucas not selling 2.1 Billion dollars of Disney Stock

(Also god damn, owning just 1% of Disney makes you a billionaire!)

My apologies, next to the late steve jobs he is the largest shareholder according to my sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I really wish Disney would just focus on new people rather then try and get anyone back. Han Solo sucked pretty hard for what little he did for the plot.

Let's see he... shot two tie fighters down and spun out vader and then gets frozen... okay. Yep, not a big role at all. For everything else Han does, literary anybody else could have done. Hell even shooting vaders tie fighter wasn't skillful at all, he just dropped in behind him and used computer assisted weapons.
    What made Han awesome wasn't his ability to blow up death stars, it was his larger than life persona that permeated every second of the original films. Just imagine how dull those films would have been if it was luke and obi wan doing their thing together for 6 hours. I've always thought one of the biggest problems with the prequels was no "han-like" character; he gave the universe so much charm and has the most quotable lines 30 years after the fact..

"Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster by your side"
    "That's great kid, don't get cocky"
    "Never tell me the odds"
    "But who's gonna fly it kid, you?"
    "Who's scruffy looking?"
    "And I thought they smelt bad, on the outside"

They almost had a running gag with his character for how badly his plans went down. You remember him trying to sweet talk his way out of the detention block? Having a beat up old space ship that can't make it into hyperspace? Getting eaten by a gigantic space slug? Getting captured and then saved by ewoks? He did save Luke on Hoth though and is the only character we ever see take a direct shot at vader (without hesitating, no less).

Yes, I love Han :P

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull proved just what a bad idea it was to bring back the original cast. Nobody wants to sit down to watch a new batch of movies and be instantly reminded of how much time has passed since the last batch. Or the one before.

At least the screenwriters won't have to twist their brains too much to make the new story line up with the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by happysnaps View Post
    So I just realized there's no discussion anywhere here about the buyout of lucasfilm by disney / new star wars announcements / harrison ford rejoining the cast / etc. etc. etc.
    Well, nothing recent. As news, it is a tad on the moldy side.