Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick of pounds not coming off/weight only increasing

Default Sick of pounds not coming off/weight only increasing

So I've gone on a diet since the start of January. My targeted weight is 177 and my weight right now is 188, thats around the same amount of weight I had before New Years! Can anybody tell me of a more effective way to melt off these pounds? Even when I've been on a winning streak I cant get to 185, it just goes down to 186 then up.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBalto View Post
    Can anybody tell me of a more effective way to melt off these pounds?
    yep: exercise.

generally speaking, dieting is bad for you. it can also non/counter-productive as the body will switch into starvation mode and then eek out every last calorie from every morsel. this why people often initially lose weight and then gain it.

not sure what kind of lifestyle you have/work you do, but doing it harder and faster costs nothing and usually pays more (though, not necessarily in money).
    if you're an office worker or student, stand instead of sitting; take the stairs; walk/trot/run more; carry items in the most labourious way; don't use your height or weight to your advantage - use muscle power to initiate and sustain motion; if you're cold, do press-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, running-on-the-spot or stretching to get warm.

its too cold to go out and im unemployed even though im consistantly searching for a job and (sigh) further education. running in place ffor 30 minutes, how many calories would that burn?

Try to keep a log book of everything you eat. I did this and I am losing weight. Make sure you write down the date, time, food, and how many calories. The trainer told me it will take time to lose weight. Now I lost 8 pounds. I started the mid second week of January. I know it is tough for me because I like food.

I've thought about doing that. But I cant get the nutritional info for everything I eat. I know it might sound like I'm making excuses but I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBalto View Post
    its too cold to go out and im unemployed even though im consistantly searching for a job and (sigh) further education. running in place ffor 30 minutes, how many calories would that burn?
    Its almost never too cold to go out if you dress appropriately. The 30 minutes is a clue to your difficulty. You should be aiming for at LEAST an hour a day of hard aerobic exercise. That's just for general fitness purposes. For weight loss, longer is better. Figure roughly 100 calories per mile, maybe a little more, since you're bigger. Walking vs. running, doesn't matter. Walking just takes longer.

I just wanted to note the way I measure how much weight I have is if my underwears waistband rolls over or not. If it does when I sit or even bend, I have too much leverage. If not, I'm fine. I dont tolerate the cold well sadly.

I'm just off for my regular morning walk.....just saying! no exercise, no reduction. seriously though, you've got to limit what goes in and you got to exercise....not heaps, just regular.....Good luck...see you when I get back

Quote Originally Posted by MilesPrower View Post
    Balto, just a quick question:

What do you often drink?
    Mainly diet drinks, such as diet mountain dew.