Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tena Slip Maxi Strangeness

Default Tena Slip Maxi Strangeness

Hi Everybody (hi Dr Nick )

I've recently gone back to Tena Slip Maxi nappies and I've got a few queries.

The first is that they are silent. They don't crinkle or make any other noise. They are made out of the same plastic as the TS Plus/Super which crinkle and tend to make a lot of noise. This is pretty strange as to why the Maxi is silent.

The second one is fitting problems. When lying down I can get it to fit snugly but when I stand up there's a large gap at the waist. The same with application when standing up; it seems snug but then there's this gap at the front when I sit down/lie down.

And when lying down on my back I notice that if I pee it leaks down the side.

Wondering if these are normal problems with thick nappies or whether I'm not doing something right. It doesn't happen with TS Plus or Super (apart from the leaks down the side).

Must be the way you put it on.
    If you don't angle the tapes, the diaper will move when worn.
    I find I have the best fit when I put them standing up and pressing the back part on a wall.

When you wear it for sleeping, it's best to point way down in them to avoid leaks and keep a good fit.

Thanks for that Bob - found out that if you set the tapes at a slight angle with the top ones pointed downwards and the bottom ones upward slightly it keeps it snug in position and that if the top tapes are put higher up at the top instead of the middle (and vice versa for the bottom ones) then all's well. No more leaks

I used to stand up to put them on and then do the same thing Skalboi90 said with the tapes and then no leaks and the tena is perfectly in place.

I like the Tena Slip Maxi diapers. The only problem is when I refasten the tapes the second time the tapes don't stick to good. But a little duct tape fixes that problem.

I have the same problems with tena, I also find that when I wear them during the day and I'm active the tapes slowly stretch where they attach at the side over time and it becomes quite loose after a few hours :/ But a little duct tape also fixes that problem too!

I'm in Tena Slip Maxi all day every day, so I can sympathise with these problems. The lack of crinkle is due to the way they're compressed into the packs. If you leave them out of the pack for a bit they'll fluff back up and regain some of their crinkle. This also seems to help with wicking moisture away when compared to wearing straight from the pack.

I've also seen the stretching tape issue. It's my pet peeve because there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I'm pretty certain it's not related to the tightness of the tapes, the length of time wearing or even the clothes worn on top of it. It just seems to happen. I have some 'invisible' tape at work and in my changing bag for that very reason.

One other quick hint for Tena Slip Maxi wearers, which is actually mentioned in the elusive instruction leaflet, is that folding the diaper down the middle before putting it on really seems to help with stopping leaks. I think it must form a sort of channel.

Despite a few minor downfalls they're still my favourite diaper. They're absorbent, reasonably crinkly, cheapish for a premium diaper, plastic backed and they fit me much better than some of the alternatives. Good choice!

Since a few months they have changed the plastic. My skin get irritated by it. So I had to change to another brand.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I'm in Tena Slip Maxi all day every day, so I can sympathise with these problems. The lack of crinkle is due to the way they're compressed into the packs. If you leave them out of the pack for a bit they'll fluff back up and regain some of their crinkle. This also seems to help with wicking moisture away when compared to wearing straight from the pack.

I've also seen the stretching tape issue. It's my pet peeve because there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I'm pretty certain it's not related to the tightness of the tapes, the length of time wearing or even the clothes worn on top of it. It just seems to happen. I have some 'invisible' tape at work and in my changing bag for that very reason.

One other quick hint for Tena Slip Maxi wearers, which is actually mentioned in the elusive instruction leaflet, is that folding the diaper down the middle before putting it on really seems to help with stopping leaks. I think it must form a sort of channel.

Despite a few minor downfalls they're still my favourite diaper. They're absorbent, reasonably crinkly, cheapish for a premium diaper, plastic backed and they fit me much better than some of the alternatives. Good choice!

Any chance of a scan of this leaflet? I've never come across it?

Quote Originally Posted by Overnight View Post
    Any chance of a scan of this leaflet? I've never come across it?
    This is the detailed guide document and this is the fitting guide leaflet. I'm not sure where my copy of this came from, because they don't normally come with them. It may be down to individual suppliers to include them.